Hello and welcome to solsarin. This post is about “aidells chicken apple sausage recipes“.
Chicken as food
Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world. Owing to the relative ease and low cost of raising chickens—in comparison to mammals such as cattle or hogs—chicken meat (commonly called just “chicken”) and chicken eggs have become prevalent in numerous cuisines.
Chicken can be prepared in a vast range of ways, including baking, grilling, barbecuing, frying, and boiling. Since the latter half of the 20th century, prepared chicken has become a staple of fast food. Chicken is sometimes cited as being more healthful than red meat, with lower concentrations of cholesterol and saturated fat.
The poultry farming industry that accounts for chicken production takes on a range of forms across different parts of the world. In developed countries, chickens are typically subject to intensive farming methods while less-developed areas raise chickens using more traditional farming techniques. The United Nations estimates there to be 19 billion chickens on Earth today, making them outnumber humans more than two to one.
HARVEST FARFALLE WITH CHICKEN & APPLE SAUSAGE
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, deep-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage and cook until browned on both sides. Remove sausage from pan and reserve, warm.
- Heat the 1/2 cup olive oil in the same pan and add the sliced shallots to sauté, stirring until softened and translucent. Add the crushed red pepper and cook another half minute.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain, and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- Add the blanched kale to the shallots and cook to combine, tossing and stirring a few minutes until glossy. Fold in the butternut squash and combine. Add the reserved sausage and stir to combine. Fold in the farfalle, stirring to combine. Raise the heat and add the reserved cooking water, folding and stirring until all is well-combined, coated with ingredients and hot. Taste and correct for salt. Top servings with hazelnuts and optional grated pecorino.
Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Supper
What Ingredients Will I Need To Make This Fall Inspired Sheet Pan Meal?
- 1 pack chicken apple sausage (I used Aidell’s brand)
- 16oz brussels sprouts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes – you want small even sized cubes so they cook evenly
- Trim the ends off of the brussels sprouts and quarter the sprouts
- Slice sausages into slices on the diagonal.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and avocado oil
- Add the sausage, brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes to the mixing bowl
- Toss to coat the ingredients full in the sauce
- Spread the ingredients on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper
- Bake at 425F for 40 minutes tossing once halfway
- After 40 minutes increase the heat to a broil
- Broil until the ingredients are a nice golden brown – no more than 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
CHICKEN & APPLE SAUSAGE SKILLET WITH KALE
Cast-iron cookware is a favorite in our Test Kitchen due to its supreme heat retention, the nonstick properties of the cooking surface, plus its durability.
This Chicken & Apple Sausage Skillet, plus Apple & Onion Cornbread make a great pairing for a simple, yet sensational weeknight meal. A healthier alternative to traditional sausages, Aidells Chicken & Apple Smoked Sausages are gluten- and nitrate-free, with no added hormones.
Deglaze skillet with cider; bring to a boil and cook ⏰ 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
CHICKEN AND APPLE SAUSAGE VEGETABLE SKILLET
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 oz.) package Chicken Apple Sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion,, chopped into large pieces
- 1 zucchini,, sliced
- 1 yellow squash,, sliced
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers,, chopped into large pieces
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves,, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat 2 TB olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage and onions together until sausage is browned and onions are soft. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 2 TB olive oil to the pan. Add zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5-10 minutes. Season with basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add sausage and onions back to the pan and stir to combine. Enjoy!
CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE SHEETPAN DINNER
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 chicken sausages
- Avocado Oil Spray (I use this on everything!)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and chicken sausage
- Place veggies on the baking tray (I recommend using a silicone baking mat so it won’t stick) and spray with avocado oil spray, top with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and add chicken sausage, flip sweet potato and brussels sprouts. Bake for additional 20 minutes.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO STORE THIS?
This sheetpan meal makes for a great leftover meal! I store any leftovers in sealed containers in the fridge. I like to use these!
CAN I USE REGULAR POTATOES?
Yes! If you’d like to use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes here, you can switch it up. I would suggest red potatoes as a delicious substitute!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE SHEETPAN DINNER:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken & Apple Chicken Sausage (or any of your favorites!)
BENEFITS OF A ONE PAN MEAL:
- Less of a mess since it’s all cooked on one pan!
- Perfect for an easy weeknight meal
- Can be used as prep for the week!
- Many ways to switch them up
Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta
- 1 Package Aidells® Chicken Apple Sausage
- 16 oz package of pasta cooked
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced apple
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- parmesan cheese optional
Place a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil to cook pasta.
While the water is heating, saute garlic, onion, and apple in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
Add sliced Aidells® Chicken Apple Sausage to skillet with onions and brown for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Finally add the baby spinach. It will cook down, wilt, quickly. About 2 minutes.
Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
Toss pasta with everything from the skillet (Sausage, spinach, onion, etc)
Spoon into bowls and serve.
Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Roasted Chicken Sausage with Potatoes and Apples
- 4links smoked chicken, or turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces (see notes)
- 3/4 lbpotatoes baby potatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 2large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoonsolive oil, divided
- 1medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoonfresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoonhoney
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat a large sheet pan with nonstick spray.
Combine the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange them on the prepared baking pan. Roast for 10 minutes.
While the potatoes roast, combine the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, shallots, thyme and honey in a large bowl. Add the apples and sausage, season with a bit of freshly ground black pepper and combine thoroughly.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, add the sausage and apples and toss to combine. Roast for an additional 15 minutes, or until the potatoes and apples are tender and the sausage is heated through.
Thank you for staying with this post “aidells chicken apple sausage recipes” until the end.