The chicken (Gallus domesticus) is a domesticated junglefowl species, with attributes of wild species such as the grey and the Ceylon junglefowl that are originally from Southeastern Asia. Rooster or cock is a term for an adult male bird, and a younger male may be called a cockerel. A male that has been castrated is a capon. An adult female bird is called a hen and a sexually immature female is called a pullet.
Originally raised for cockfighting or for special ceremonies, chickens were not kept for food until the Hellenistic period (4th–2nd centuries BC). Humans now keep chickens primarily as a source of food (consuming both their meat and eggs) and as pets.
This recipe has two parts to prepare. One is prepping the bread coating, and other is rubbing the chicken breast.
- Chicken breast – If the breasts are too thick, cut it laterally in the middle for thin slices, which cook faster and taste better. You will need to rub the breast slices with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Oil – Any neutral oil like vegetable oil.
- Salt & pepper
- Bread Crumb – Use fine bread crumbs and not Panko bread crumbs.
- All-purpose Flour
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme and dried basil
- Chili powder or Paprika
- Salt to taste
How to make
- Chicken breast – Make a horizontal cut to slice it thinner for thick slices. If you find a piece with uneven thickness, pound the wide portion to make it even.
- Mix oil, salt, and pepper, and rub the chicken breast until it coats well.
Bread the chicken – In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the breading. Place the chicken slice on the mixture on one side. Press it to make sure the coat sticks evenly on the side. Flip and repeat it until the breading mixture sticks well and evenly
- Cut chicken breast into cutlets or fillets. Using a meat mallet or a rolling pin pound any thick part of the fillets to get even thickness.
- Mix oil, salt, pepper. Coat chicken well with the mixture.
- In another mixing bowl add breadcrumb, flour, and the rest of the spices.
- Place one chicken cutlet on the breadcrumb mixture one at a time. Press gently so that the mixture sticks to the chicken. Flip and repeat the same.
- Place coated chicken breast in the Airfryer inner tray, spaced a little apart.
- Set temperature @ 200 degrees Celcius. Cook for 8-9 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes, before slicing it.
- If you do not have a metal rack for your air fryer, simply place the chicken on the bottom of the tray. However, it will be crispier if you use one.
Do I Need Oil To Air Fry My Chicken?
Yes! To get the breading stick to the chicken, and get that great crispy texture and delicious flavor, you have to use a little bit of oil. Even if you’re making unbreaded chicken breast in the air fryer, I recommend that you use a little bit of oil for better flavor.
How To Cook Breaded Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
You want to use a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten the chicken (like when I showed you how to grill chicken!) because this makes it cook evenly.
How To Make It Gluten Free
If you are following a gluten free diet and still want to eat some air fryer fried chicken breast, simple sure certified gluten free panko breadcrumbs. I’ve used Ians and they would great – just make sure you use the unseasoned kind!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast?
Because the seasonings in this chicken are super simple, you can pretty much serve this with anything! Some of my favorite sides are:
- Mediterranean Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Low Carb Mock Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan
- It would even be delicious topped on your favorite salad for a little magical crunchy texture!
- Once you go air fried.
- You’ll never go back.
I love how easy this recipe is in the air fryer and how versatile it is for meals. The texture is similar to a Schnitzel, so don’t expect KFC chicken haha. You can eat it with a side of rice and veggies, throw it into a large salad or next to a side salad or even cut it up and add to sandwiches/wraps. My kids absolutely love this recipe and just eat it straight up with ketchup
WHAT KIND OF OIL DO YOU USE IN AIR FRYERS?
You can use any kind of grilling or frying oil in an air fryer, as well as animal fat. Sunflower, vegetable and canola are all solid choices. Do not use a cold pressed oil, as this can burn at a high temperature.
CAN YOU STACK CHICKEN TENDERS IN AN AIR FRYER?
When cooking from fresh, it’s not recommended to stack chicken tenders in an air fryer. It can make the chicken cook unevenly and even pull some of the breading off the tenders
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community
HOW TO REHEAT CHICKEN TENDERS IN THE AIR FRYER:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place your leftover cooked chicken tenders in the air fryer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until warmed thoroughly then enjoy!
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Tenderloins?
Yes, just cut the chicken breasts into thin 1-inch wide strips before dipping them.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BREADED CHICKEN CUTLETS IN THE AIR FRYER
- Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. For my air fryer, 10 minutes was perfect, but each one is going to cook a little differently.
- Don’t be afraid to use your hands in the breading process! The more breadcrumbs you can press into the cutlets, the crispier your chicken will be.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket while cooking breaded chicken cutlets in the air fryer. You want the hot air to be able to circulate properly so you get the crispest and crunchiest pieces
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRIED CHICKEN CUTLETS
- 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Easy Homemade Garlic Cheese Bread
- Ninja Foodi Rice
- Simple Italian Pasta Salad
- Bear in mind that the size of your air fryer will determine how many cutlets you can cook at a time and also depend on the size of the chicken.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket or stack the chicken as that may make the breading on the chicken soggy.
PS: Discard the flour and breadcrumbs mixture, you may fry and eat the egg immediately if you prefer.
There are a few things you need to be aware of before you make air fryer chicken breast. Let me just say that the air fryer is a quick cooker. It cooks faster than your typical oven.
So I recommend paying very close attention to cook time when air frying chicken, or any meat. This includes time passed after the air fryer has shut off.
You may think it’s okay to leave the chicken breast sitting in there for ten minutes until the rest of dinner is done. Nope! You need to remove these promptly because they will keep cooking and dry out
What to serve with on the side
Here are a few of my favorite sides to serve with air fryer chicken breasts:
- Instant Pot “Baked” Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot black eyed peas
- Lemon garlic roasted Brussels sprouts
- Quinoa Black Bean salad
- Roasted broccoli and mushrooms
- Tortellini pasta salad
- Spiralizer Greek salad
- Greek quinoa salad
- Roasted green beans
- Greek pasta salad
- Classic potato salad(includes Instant Pot instructions)
- Greek potato salad
- Roasted thyme carrots
- cooking spray(or rub on oil of choice – use about 1/4 Tablespoon per chicken breast)
- 4boneless skinless chicken breasts raw, mine were about 7.5 to 8 ounces each
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder (about 1/8 tsp per chicken breast)
- 1/2teaspoon salt (1/8 tsp per chicken breast)
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper (a dash per chicken breast)
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano (around 1/8 tsp per breast, and you can sub parsley, basil, thyme, etc.)
Note: Air fryer chicken breasts originally appeared on A Pinch of Healthy February 25, 2019.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
Did you try this recipe? Give it a star rating. Pin it and share it if it looks good to you. And be sure and stay connected on social media!
Thank you for staying with this post “air fryer breaded chicken breast” until the end.
More Posts :
- what kind of red wine is used for cooking
- how old do i have to be to work
- how many children did aretha franklin have
- vegan butternut squash mac and cheese
- slow cooker honey garlic chicken thighs
- who is the father of modern astronomy?
- what type of galaxy is milky way
- which of the following transport mechanisms requires atp?
- two car garage square footage
- by what name was louis xiv known?