Hi, welcome to solsarin site, in this post we want to talk about“baked chicken drumsticks recipe”,
stay with us.
baked chicken drumsticks recipe
Baked Chicken Drumsticks are the easiest way to get dinner on the table quickly! The skin crisps up in the oven, the seasoning is simple and perfect, and the chicken legs come out juicy every time!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large zip top bag and seal. Smush the chicken around in the bag to coat in the seasoning.
- Arrange chicken on the baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1.75 lbs. chicken drumsticks (6 pieces)
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a bowl and drizzle the cooking oil over top. Sprinkle the prepared seasoning over the drumsticks, then toss until they’re evenly coated in oil and spices.
- Place the seasoned drumsticks on a baking sheet with enough space around each so they’re not touching. You can line the baking sheet with foil or parchment for easier cleanup, if desired.
- Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 175ºF, flipping the drumsticks once half-way through. Serve hot.
HOW LONG DO YOU BAKE CHICKEN LEGS IN THE OVEN?
For average sized drumsticks, I recommend a cook time of 35-45 minutes at 425 degrees, flipping halfway through. The exact time will vary a bit, due to varying oven temperatures as well as drumstick size.
Whether you are cooking chicken legs in the oven or using just about any other method, they should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F; some people prefer 170 degrees F for more tender meat.
HOW TO PREPARE CHICKEN LEGS FOR BAKING?
Your prep for oven roasted chicken legs is centered around encouraging air circulation to get them crispy.
- Prep the oven and pan. Preheat the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up!) and place an oven safe rack over the sheet pan. (I like this set – it’s non-stick, so easy to clean.) I prefer foil rather than parchment paper for lining underneath the rack, because it catches the juices more easily.
TIP: The oven rack helps circulate the hot air around chicken, for the best baked chicken drumsticks that are nice and crispy!
- Dry the chicken. Pat the drumsticks with a paper towel, which will help get rid of any extra moisture and get them nice and crispy.
HOW TO BAKE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS IN OVEN?
The recipe I have shared here is the Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Drumsticks with a basic seasoning powder. I have used skinned Drumstick which delivers a perfectly crispy and crunchy chicken. But if you are not used to skinned chicken then you could feel free to use skinless drumsticks.
- Prep Seasoning Mix – In a small glass bowl, add garlic, ginger, chili, black pepper powder, dried parsley, and salt. Mix well until everything get combined and reserve the seasoning mix for later use
- Season Drumsticks – In a bowl, add the drumsticks and pour 2 tsp of oil. Give a good mix until the oil coats the drumstick. Add the reserved seasoning mix all over the Drumsticks and add some chopped coriander leaves. Give a nice mix to coat the seasonings
- Transfer to baking tray – Transfer the seasoned Drumsticks into a baking tray with a wire rack. Make sure to line the tray with parchment paper to collect the dripping from the chicken. You can use their dripping to brush the drumsticks
- Bake – Bake the Drumsticks in preheated oven at 400° F for 45 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reached 170° F
- Remove and Serve – Remove the Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks and it is now ready for you to taste and enjoy. Serve this Crispy Chicken Drumstick with brown rice, roasted potatoes, roasted asparagus, roasted broccoli, dipping sauce, or other combos of your choice
Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Juicy Baked Chicken Drumsticks are simply seasoned and a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table. The chicken rub is made from pantry ingredients and the oven does all the work making the dark meat tender and delicious so you can focus on sides like veggies or a salad. Even better, there is minimal clean up!
4 pounds chicken drumsticks (usually around 12-14 drumsticks)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika (we prefer smoked for the extra flavor)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
⅛ teaspoon thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay the chicken pieces on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and thyme. Sprinkle the spices over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chicken so there is space between them on the pan for a more even bake. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the meat reaches 165°F when tested in the thickest part with a digital meat thermometer or until the juices run clear when you cut into one of the drumsticks. You may want to check the drumsticks partway through baking. If they are darkening too quickly, loosely cover with a piece of aluminum foil until cooked through.
- Storage: Store any leftover drumsticks in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave covered with a paper towel until hot. Or reheat in the oven or air fryer to help crisp up the skin a bit. They will take about 10-15 minutes in a 350°F oven or about 5-6 minutes in the air fryer at 380°F.
- Variation: Two tablespoons of taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning, ranch seasoning, and Greek seasoning are all delicious on baked chicken drumsticks and thighs!
Easy Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- Juice of One Lemon
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- ¼ Cup Soy or Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks
- In a medium bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, soy or Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, pepper, and paprika.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to a large zip-top bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Close the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken for a few seconds.
- Refrigerate the chicken in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. For best flavor allow the chicken to marinate for 2-12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken in an even layer on prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, until cooked through.
How to Make Chicken Drumsticks in the Oven?
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius approx 400 Fahrenheit
- Line a baking pan with baking paper (you don’t have to but it does make clean up easier)
- Place the drums in the roasting pan, or baking sheet with lip, keep them single layer with just a little space between each (photo 1). If your chicken drumsticks are quite wet, you can pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl whisk together the marinade, oil, paprika, garlic, lemon rind, and salt (you can use a whisk or fork, you just want it well combined (photo 2).
- Pour the marinade over the drums, I use a brush to spread it evenly (photos 3-4).
- Bake in the hot oven for 45 mins, if you like crispier skin, at the 40 min mark baste the drums with the pan juices and pop your oven on grill for the final 5 mins of cooking
- Season with salt and pepper, Serve.
What temperature should to bake chicken drumsticks?
When baking chicken drumsticks I recommend a hot oven. For me that’s 200-220 degrees Celsius this will ensure you end up with crispy skin and not awful rubbery skin. I believe 200-220 degrees celsius converts to around 400 to 420 Fahrenheit
Should drumsticks be covered in the oven?
Chicken drumsticks do not need to be covered when baked in the oven. Baking them uncovered allows the chicken skin to caramelize and crisp.