Hi, welcome to solsarin site, in this post we want to talk about“best hamburger recipe for grilling”,
stay with us.
best hamburger recipe for grilling
This is just a quick overview of the ingredients that you’ll need for grilling hamburgers. As always, specific measurements and complete step-by-step cooking instructions are included in the printable recipe box at the bottom of the post.
- Ground beef: as noted above, the best meat for this grilled hamburger recipe is either an 80/20 mix or an 85/15 mix.
- Onion: adds savory flavor and a bit of moisture to the patties.
- Worcestershire sauce: for salty umami flavor. This is a key “secret” ingredient!
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper: to enhance the natural flavor of the meat.
HOW TO GRILL HAMBURGERS?
Making a foolproof grilled hamburger recipe with just a few simple tips!
- Combine. In a large bowl, use your fingers or a fork to gently combine the ground beef, diced onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Shape. Divide the meat into 6 equal portions. Use cupped hands to gently toss one portion of meat into the shape of a loose ball. Flatten into a 1-inch patty, pressing a small dimple in the middle. This small indentation will prevent the burgers from “puffing up” during grilling. Repeat with remaining beef to shape 5 more patties.
- Chill. Place the patties on a tray that has been lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill. Cook the hamburgers on a propane gas grill, indoor grill pan, or griddle or cast iron skillet on the stove over high heat for about 3-4 minutes per side (or see the chart below for more specific cooking times). Flip carefully and don’t press down as the burgers cook!
GRILLED BURGER RECIPE
Grilled Beef Burgers are one of the most amazing things you can sink your teeth into, especially when they are done right! Be prepared, because these will be the best burgers you have ever had!
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef cold
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Homemade Hamburger Buns
- Sliced Red Onion
- In a medium sized bowl combine the ground beef, garlic, minced onion, wochestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and salt, pepper. Mix ingredients together but be careful not to overmix.
- Shape the patties and create a divot in the center of each patty. This helps the burgers from puffing up or shrinking to much while cooking.
- Heat the grill to 400 degrees. Place the burgers onto direct heat and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until desired doneness.
- Add the cheese to the burgers and let melt. Serve on toasted butter hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Charcoal vs. Gas Grill
For Raichlan, the best choice for grilling burgers is always wood or charcoal because of the additional flavor and charring that happens with those grills.
“It’s more versatile. You get a hotter, drier heat which give you a better sear,” Raichlan said. If you use charcoal, you can add different kinds of wood to contribute to the smokiness and enhance the overall flavor of the burger.
However, millions of Americans prefer gas grills because they are easy to use, and you don’t have as much of a mess. Don’t worry—you can still cook a great burger on a gas grill!
To grill with charcoal or wood, Raichlan recommends investing in a chimney starter. It’s a tall box or cylinder with holes in it. Paper is crumpled up in the bottom and the coals reset on top. Position the chimney starter on the bottom of grate of your grill, and light the paper. You will have hot coals in 15 to 20 minutes.
If you’re using a gas grill, open the lid, turn on the gas, and light the grill. You want to get your grill up to 450 to 500 degrees before adding your patties.
Ways to Flavor Your Burgers
Once you’ve mastered the basic burger in the recipe below, feel free to get funky with your flavors.
You can blend different cuts of meat, add mushrooms, anchovies, herbs, or cubes of cheese. I’m a big fan of lemon zest in my burgers, because it helps cut the fatty flavor of the beef. Ultimately, the choice is yours. As long as the patty is meaty and juicy, you can’t go wrong.
Juicy Home-Ground Grilled Cheeseburgers Recipe
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices cheese
4 hamburger buns
To Grind With a Meat Grinder:
Place grinding shaft, feed tube, plate, die, and screw of a meat grinder into the freezer. Spread beef chunks evenly in a single layer on a large plate or rimmed baking sheet. Place in freezer and freeze until starting to get firm around edges but still malleable, about 20 minutes. Set up meat grinder with 3/8-inch plate. Grind meat into a cold bowl. Working quickly, grind meat again using 1/4-inch plate. If grinder or meat begins to get too warm during grinding process, return to freezer for 10 minutes before continuing to grind.
To Grind With a Food Processor:
Spread beef chunks evenly in a single layer on a large plate or rimmed baking sheet. Place in freezer and freeze until starting to get firm around edges but still malleable, about 20 minutes. Working in 3 batches, place meat cubes in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, about 15 to 20 short pulses. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with remaining beef.
Form beef into 4 patties about 1/2-inch wider than the burger buns with a slight depression in the center to account for bulging as they cook. Season generously with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, spread evenly over one side of coal grate. Alternatively, set half the burners of a gas grill to high heat. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
Place burgers directly over hot coals, cover with vents open, and cook, turning occasionally, until well charred and center of burgers register 110°F (43°C) on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes. Place cheese on top of burgers and continue to cook until cheese is melted and burgers register 125°F (52°C) for medium-rare or 135°F (57°C) for medium, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Transfer burgers to a large plate.
Toast buns over center of grill until golden brown and warmed through. Top burgers as desired, place in buns, and serve.
Delicious Grilled Hamburgers
Place the patties on the grill grate, and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until well done.
Best Hamburger Patty Recipe (Grilled or Stovetop)
Best Hamburger Patty Recipe – Thick or thin, made on the grill or stovetop, this is the best and easiest all-purpose recipe for perfect hamburger patties every time!
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- ½ cup crushed saltine crackers or Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
What is the best blend of ground beef for hamburgers?
What type of beef should I use?
Ideally, you would use fresh ground chuck from your butcher. But let’s be realistic – most of us just grab a vacuum-packed block of ground beef when we cook at home.
So it’s fine to use that, but do use lean ground beef (85/15). If you use extra lean ground beef your burgers will turn out quite dry and not as flavorful.
How do you season hamburgers?
You can simply season them with salt and pepper. So you could shape the patties, then sprinkle them with salt and pepper and grill.
But I like to use quite a few seasonings that I mix into the beef, including onion and garlic powders, paprika, and chili powder. When I have fresh parsley on hand, I add that too.