Hey guys! We return with an amazing topic about chocolate cookies in solsarin. This is “Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies” which is really interesting. I suggest you to stay along with us and tell us your comments.
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
These cookies are the pinnacle of perfection! If you want a big, fat, chewy cookie like the kind you see at bakeries and specialty shops, then these are the cookies for you!
- All-purpose flour: Gluten and starch are the two main components in flour that help build structure.
- Baking soda: is a leavener that is activated by a liquid and an acid in the dough or batter. Baking soda must be fresh in order to work properly. So be sure to check the expiration date. To test if your baking soda is fresh, place 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in a small bowl. Pour 1 teaspoon white vinegar on top and if it’s fresh, it should bubble quickly. If it doesn’t it’s time to toss it. Baking soda and baking powder can’t be used interchangeably.
- Salt: helps bring out the sweetness in baked goods.
- Unsalted butter, melted: Since there is no standard measurement for how much salt is in each stick of butter, it’s best to use unsalted butter. This recipe uses melted butter, but it should be cooled to about 75-80 degrees before using.
- Light brown sugar: helps the sweetness of the recipe, plus impacts the texture and color as well. Unlike granulated sugar, brown sugar is acidic and will react to the baking soda in this recipe.
- Granulated sugar: sweetens, tenderizes, leavens and caramelizes the cookies.
- Vanilla extract: adds flavor to the cookie dough.
- Eggs: Just like flour, eggs help provide structure.
- Egg yolks: contribute to color and flavor. Egg yolks also help prevent staling since they contain an all-natural emulsifier called lecithin.
- Chocolate chips: the star of this recipe! Feel free to substitute peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, nuts and candy in this recipe.