Hi, welcome to solsarin site, in this post we want to talk about“chicken drumstick recipes air fryer”,
stay with us.
chicken drumstick recipes air fryer
These air fryer chicken legs are so amazing! You don’t have to freeze outside to grill them, or make a huge mess in the kitchen pan cooking them. Air Frying is changing the cooking world! Air frying chicken legs are the best because it is all contained in the air fryer, that sits on your countertop. This frees up your oven to make the Potato Wedges or the Funeral Potatoes to go with the legs.
The circulating air creates succulent crispy outsides and tender juicy meat inside. The seasoning is savory with a hint of sweet. It is SO good! Everyone loves chicken legs, they are easy to hold on to and eat. They give you an excuse to eat with your fingers too! These chicken legs have become my kids’ favorite dinner. They can eat with their hands and love the tender, juicy chicken taste.
HOW TO AIR FRY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS?
To make this recipe, you will need:
- 8 chicken drumsticks – pick high quality chicken drumsticks that are fresh or thawed. Pat chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels to make sure the oil and herbs stick, as water and packaging liquid can make it harder for them to stick to the chicken.
- 2 tbsp olive oil – you can use olive oil, avocado oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, or any oil you prefer to cook with. We love the classic olive oil flavor with chicken.
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt – grab a quality sea salt you love the flavor of. We like using celtic sea salt because it is saltier, so you can use less salt than regular table salt.
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper – using fresh cracked black pepper develops a better flavor and a bit of heat.
- 1 tsp garlic powder – garlic powder brings a rich, delicious flavor to chicken.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika – paprika gives a hint of color to the chicken, and an earthy, smoky flavor.
- ½ tsp cumin – cumin is earthy and brings out a “meaty” flavor in chicken.
We’re going to follow this method:
- In a small bowl, combine herbs and spices.
- Set aside.
- Place drumsticks in a bowl or a plastic bag and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle herbs and spices all over drumsticks to coat them.
- Preheat air fryer at 400 for 2-10 minutes.
- Place drumsticks in air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes on 400.
- Remove basket and flip chicken drumsticks.
- Cook at 400 for another 10 minutes.
- If chicken is not 165 degrees internally, add another 5 minutes of cook-time.
- Time can vary based on drumstick size, so do check the temperature with a digital thermometer after cooking to prevent over or under cooking.
- When chicken has reached 165 degrees internally, serve immediately.
Why You Need Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks in Your Life!
Just in case your really wondering if you should make these or not, I’m here to tell you, you do!
- Less Mess: Air Frying drumsticks in the air fryer keeps the mess contained instead of all over your grill or stove top. Love it!
- Fast and Easy: Cook your drumsticks in half the time and get superb results.
- Even Cooking: The circulating air in the fryer cooks the legs evenly without over charring the outside. It’s just first-rate!
- Healthier: With little to know oil needed, it’s a healthier way to get your protein. Especially if you are trying keto or a low carb diet. It’s a healthy way to get that “fried” taste and texture without the oil.
- Cheap: The last time I checked chicken legs were one of the cheapest meats you could buy, talk about eating gourmet on a budget!
- Fun: Ok, I’ve mentioned this before but seriously air fryer chicken drumsticks are one of the most fun things to eat. So dig in!
chicken legs recipes air fryer
These air fryer chicken drumsticks works with chicken legs too, and take less than 14 minutes to cook! A secret ingredient guarantees the chicken is crispy on the outside and extra juicy every single time.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F.
- In a small bowl, add the spices and mix well.
- Pat dry the chicken drumsticks. Toss the drumsticks through the spice mix then drizzle the oil all over.
- Place the drumsticks in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes, flip, and cook for a further 6-8 minutes, or until cooked and crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides.
easy chicken drumstick recipes air fryer
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to mix.
- Preheat the air fryer at 380° F for 5 minutes.
- Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the drumsticks and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle on the seasonings and toss to evenly coat the chicken with the seasonings.
- Place drumsticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket with a bit of room in between each piece (cook in batches as needed). Air fry at 380° F for 12 minutes. Then flip the chicken pieces over and cook for 6-10 more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through to at least 165° F when measured with an instant read thermometer.
KETO CHICKEN LEGS IN THE AIR FRYER
- Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes at 400°F.
- While that’s preheating, mix all of the spices together in a bowl.
- Add the chicken legs to a large ziplock bag and pour in the oil.
- Mix the oli around the drumsticks within the bag. Then pour in half of the spices and try to get it all over the legs.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Lay the legs down but do not overlap. If your air fryer basket is on the smaller side you make have to make this in two batches. Sprinkle more of the spices over the legs if you want or save it for another time.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400°F. Then flip them over and cook for 10 more minutes until the internal temperature is 165°F using a kitchen thermometer and the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Let sit for a few minutes befre eating.
Why You Should Make Chicken Drumsticks In The Air Fryer
- CRISPY AND TENDER. The drumsticks come out so unbelievably crispy and tender using an air fryer.
- HEALTHIER. This is probably the number 1 reason most people would choose to use an air fryer because it’s such a healthy way to get that “fried” taste without all the grease.
- DELICIOUS. All the flavors are there as if it was deep fried. Add extra spices to your liking. A great tasting air fryer recipe that you’ll want to keep.
- VIRTUALLY NO MESS. This is the best part. I love not having splatters of oil everywhere.
Are Chicken Drumsticks Made In The Air Fryer Healthier?
Yes! Air Fryer Chicken has ultra crispy skin, super tender meat, and are much healthier for you than a traditional recipe, because less oil, if any, is used.
What is Difference between Chicken Legs and Drumsticks?
Chicken Legs and Drumsticks are both dark meat. The legs of the chicken have the thigh as part of the piece. Drumsticks are the lower part of the leg, without the thigh. Drumsticks are one of the cheapest meats, which is perfect for feeding larger families.
Serve drumsticks with fries and a salad for a popular family dinner, or as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce. Try:
- buffalo sauce
- hot sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch dressing
TIPS FOR PERFECT CRUNCHY AIR FRYER CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
If you love air fryer chicken drumsticks, be sure to check my top tips for perfect air fried chicken below:
Preheat air fryer. Run your air fryer for a few minutes before adding the food so it is hot and ready to go when you go to air fry your chicken. This is optional, but I feel it helps the skin to puff up and get a crispy “fried” texture.
Sauce at the end. If you’re going to sauce your drumsticks, wait until they have cooked and crisped to toss in sauce. You also can layer the sauce on to get a crunchy “crust” throughout the cooking, similar to my baked BBQ Chicken drumsticks.
Don’t peek too often. Since air fryers are completely sealed off, it’s hard to judge your chicken’s doneness by the look of it. Check the temperature of the chicken when you’re already opening the air fryer to flip them – don’t open it just to check the temperature or too much heat will escape.
Use a digital thermometer. When your timer is done, immediately test the temperature of the chicken pieces with a digital thermometer inserted into the middle of the thickest part of the chicken drumstick without touching bone. Chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees internally. If chicken has not met 165 degrees internally, add another 2-5 minutes to cook time.
Don’t crowd basket. Air fryers help get hot air to circulate around the chicken drumstick to get a heat so high it makes meat taste fried – and to do that, it helps to not crowd the pan. Put the chicken in your air fryer pan in a way they aren’t crowding each other – it makes a huge difference.
What dipping sauces go well with Drumsticks?
These drumsticks are very flavorful on their own. If you want to serve with dipping sauces, you can serve, buffalo sauce, ranch, or your favorite BBQ sauce
Reasons To Make Air Fryer Drumsticks
- They are quick and easy, with just a few minutes of prep. Most of the time it takes to make these is spent in the air fryer.
- Tender and juicy, with a delicious blend of spices, these picky eater approved chicken legs are sure to please the entire family.
- Making drumsticks in an air fryer means you can keep the oven off and your kitchen cool during the hot summer months.
Benefits to using an air fryer to cook chicken
There are many different benefits to using an air fryer to cook chicken.
- Air frying your chicken creates the juiciest chicken while producing a crispy skin!
- Air Fryers are also compact and don’t take up too much space in the kitchen.
- For those, that don’t want to wait too preheat an oven or use their oven because it’s Summer and you don’t want to heat up the house, air fryers heat up faster and don’t put out a lot of heat.
- Simple clean up – most air fryers have dishwasher safe baskets and trays.