The chicken (Gallus domesticus) is a domesticated junglefowl species, with attributes of wild species such as the grey and the Ceylon junglefowl that are originally from Southeastern Asia. Rooster or cock is a term for an adult male bird, and a younger male may be called a cockerel. A male that has been castrated is a capon. An adult female bird is called a hen and a sexually immature female is called a pullet.
Originally raised for cockfighting or for special ceremonies, chickens were not kept for food until the Hellenistic period (4th–2nd centuries BC). Humans now keep chickens primarily as a source of food (consuming both their meat and eggs) and as pets.
Sweet ‘n Sticky Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic cloves in a large resealable bag. Add the chicken to the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Top with a cooling rack. Remove the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade, and arrange the drumsticks on the cooling rack. Bake until the skin is caramelized and dark in spots, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the leftover marinade in a small saucepan, uncovered. Bring the marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over low heat until thick, about 15 minutes. Use a pastry brush to brush the cooked marinade on the chicken. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and the chopped parsley.
VARIATIONS ON BROWN SUGAR GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN LEGS
- Chicken: You can use bone in, skin on chicken thighs, chicken breast, or chicken wings, or try this on boneless chicken. This sauce makes a great grilling glaze too, so try it with pork chops, steaks, or eggplant this summer!
- Bacon: Wrap each chicken drumstick in a slice of bacon before you bake them for a next-level good dinner! Bacon is also a good way to trap moisture if you are using boneless, skinless chicken.
- Honey: Honey is a popular substitute for the brown sugar – who doesn’t love Honey Garlic Chicken? You can also swap in molasses (use half the amount), maple syrup, or white sugar too.
- Seasonings: Season the chicken with herbs and spices like oregano, onion powder, thyme, or dried, basil. Use BBQ Sauceor Teriyaki sauce instead of the ketchup or soy sauce.
- Spicy: For a spicy, sweet garlic glaze try a ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, or hot sauce. Increase in tiny amounts until you get the right spicy level for your taste.
HOW TO STORE BROWN SUGAR GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN LEGS
- Serve: Brown Sugar Garlic Baked Chicken Legs can be at room temperature for up to 2 hours before they should be refrigerated.
- Store: Place Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken Legs in an airtight container with any remaining glaze and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: Cool Baked Chicken Legs completely and freeze in a sealed container for up to 3 months. Cooling food first keeps moisture from collecting and causing “freezer burn.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN IN CREAMY SAUCE
- Chicken: I used drumsticks but feel free to use any chicken you have on hand. You need 2 pounds of chicken for this recipe.
- Mushrooms: Any fresh mushrooms you have would work.
- Garlic:For flavor.
- Onion Powder or Granules:For a quicker dish in which you do not have to chop onions but feel free to chop and saute one large onion instead. Saute the onions then add the mushrooms to them and saute if you choose to use fresh onions.
- Fresh Herbs: Thyme and rosemary go so well with chicken so I add them to elevate the taste. Feel free to substitute with tiny amounts (a quarter teaspoon each) of dried thyme and rosemary. These herbs can be overpowering so you definitely don’t want to over do it.
- Chicken Stock or Broth:Regular or low sodium will work here. If you use regular stock or broth be very careful with the amount of salt added as this dish can get salty really quickly.
- Chicken Bouillon Powder:I add a small amount to the chicken drumsticks before pan-searing them but you could totally leave it out if you don’t have it on hand.
- Heavy Cream:For creaminess.
HOW LONG TO BAKE CHICKEN LEGS
Chicken drumsticks or legs take approximately 20-30 minutes to bake at 200ºC/390ºF. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 73ºC/165ºF when measured with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the leg. It’s fine to pull the chicken out of the oven when it’s a few degrees less than that though as it will continue cooking as it rests.
CAN I COOK CHICKEN LEGS IN THE AIR FRYER
Yes, absolutely. Cook the chicken at 180-190ºC (350ºF) for 10 minutes then turn over and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked through. It’s also a good idea to microwave the marinade for a few minutes then brush over the chicken halfway to make sure it stays nice and juicy.
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD?
The chicken can be marinated and kept in an airtight container in the the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking. Leftovers can also be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or a hot oven until warmed through.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAKED CHICKEN LEGS
This chicken leg recipe is great served with almost any side dishes but I love serving it with rice, mashed potatoes and simple vegetable sides
- Cacio e pepe mashed potatoes
- 10-minute lemon garlic sautéed broccolini
- Orange brown sugar glazed carrots
- This recipe can easily be halved. I like making this quantity as leftovers keep very well for a few days and make a great, easy lunch.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg
- You can serve it with orzo, baked or mashed potatoes.
- Or use broccoli, or a simple side salad and bread to mop up that amazing sauce.
- Instead of drumstick, you can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts. If you use chicken breasts, you can make this dish without using the oven. Just follow the steps, then add the seared breasts back to the skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes along with the sauce.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE TANDOORI CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- Easy to make.Tandoori chicken drumsticks are easy to make. It takes just a couple minutes to throw the marinade together and coat the chicken. Once marinated, you just pop them into the oven. It’s a serious low-maintenance meal that even first time cooks can succeed at well.
- Packed with flavor. The delicious marinade is what gives these drumsticks its iconic flavor. It’s loaded with spices like turmeric, cumin, ginger, and garam masala. Plus, we recommend making a few shallow cuts in the meat to allow the flavor to infuse even better.
- Great on their own or with sides.These easy tandoori chicken drumsticks are a delicious meal on their own, or can be paired well with so many sides. Some of my favorites to pair this with are Garlic Naan Bread, Basmati Rice, or roasted vegetables such as Roasted Cauliflower, Honey Roasted Carrots, Roasted Garlic Green Beans, or Garlic Parmesan Baby Potatoes.
- What is Difference between Chicken Legs and Drumsticks?
- Chicken Legs and Drumsticks are both dark meat. The legs of the chicken have the thigh as part of the piece. Drumsticks are the lower part of the leg, without the thigh. Drumsticks are one of the cheapest meats, which is perfect for feeding larger families.
- Do you have to flip chicken in the air fryer?
- I flip the chicken to rotate the top, which is closest to the fan in my oven. This ensures they cook evenly.
- What should I serve with Chicken Drumsticks?
- Chicken Drumsticks are an easy dinner recipe because can be served with almost any favorite side dish. Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes, French Fries, or Twice Baked Potatoes, would all be delicious.
- How do I Store Drumsticks?
- Keep chicken in an airtight container, or Ziploc bag, and place them in the refrigerator. They should last 3-5 days. They can also be frozen for 30-60 days.
Thank you for staying with this post “chicken drumsticks recipes for dinner” until the end.
More Posts :
- elephant bird lifespan
- what is a taxonomist
- crispy sweet potato fries air fryer
- william shatner plastic surgery
- no bake cookies with old fashioned oats
- Limited aquifer vs. unlimited aquifers
- elephant shark lifespan
- air fryer frozen sweet potato fries
- folder is to document as envelope is to
- animal farm commandments