Hello dear friends, thank you for choosing us. In this post on the solsarin site, we will talk about “does fedex deliver on saturday”.
Stay with us.
Thank you for your choice.
Does FedEx Deliver on Saturday and Sunday?
Weekend delivery. Two-day delivery. Free shipping. Store pickup. As an ecommerce business owner, you probably receive a lot of demands from your customers. Particularly, around the type of shipping and delivery experience they want from you.
To them, the ‘dream’ is shipping that’s convenient, speedy, affordable and dependable. Oh, and available 7 days a week on top of everything else.
You can thank the likes of Amazon and Walmart for influencing this expectation with their next-day and one-day shipping options. However, unlike these companies, most online sellers don’t have in-house delivery services available at their fingertips and don’t have the cash on hand to build out their own networks.
Yes, it’s true you could still do it with your own delivery truck, staff and processes, at least locally. But for many, offering Saturday and Sunday delivery efficiently means outsourcing this service via a courier company.
FedEx is one of the most commonly used services available for weekend delivery.
As of January 2020, online sellers can now offer delivery to residential customers every day of the week via FedEx Ground service. And yes, this includes Sundays, which were previously reserved only for the peak holiday shopping season.
So how do you know if FedEx is the right Saturday or Sunday delivery provider for your business? And what FedEx service to use, since schedules, fees and timings vary? That’s where this blog post will help.
We’ll break down all the different FedEx services that offer weekend delivery so you have an easier time comparing everything that’s available to you and answer questions like:
- Does FedEx 2Day Delivery deliver on Saturday?
- Does FedEx Overnight Deliver on Sunday?
- What Are FedEx Next Day Delivery cut off times?
- Does FedEx Standard Overnight Saturday delivery exist?
Why Should I use FedEx for Weekend Delivery?
FedEx is one of the biggest couriers in the world, with its weekend delivery service covering a majority of the continental U.S. Their Sunday service (via FedEx Home Delivery) specifically reaches over 7,700 cities and towns across the country and has no additional fees attached to it. With weekend delivery, your customers also no longer have to wait until Monday to receive their package, which also means you can maximize inventory turnover.
Does FedEx Deliver on Saturday or Sunday in 2021? A Breakdown of What Services to Use Over the Weekend.
FedEx offers weekend delivery, but the schedule and costs differ depending on what courier service you use. Here’s an overview of each FedEx service that offers Saturday and/or Sunday delivery.
|Delivery Time||1-5 business days within the contiguous U.S.; 3-7 business days to and from Alaska and Hawaii|
|Service Days||Monday-Sunday between 9 a.m and 8 p.m. at no additional cost|
|Delivery Area||Available in all 50 U.S. states|
|Package size & weight||Up to 150 lbs., 108” in length, 165” in length plus girth (L+2W+2H)|
|Restrictions||Cannot deliver to P.O. boxes. No hazardous materials delivery, except ORM-D and Limited Quantity|
FedEx is one of the most prominent and renowned global courier companies. Delivering to 220 countries, the courier covers almost every part of the world, including every street address in the US. But a common question about the courier’s services is, “Does FedEx Deliver on Saturday or Sunday?”
According to statista, FedEx delivered almost 6 million packages each day in 2018; this figure grew to 6.2 million daily packages in 2019. That FedEx is one of the biggest couriers in the world is obvious. The real question is – does FedEx deliver on weekends?
For awhile now, FedEx has delivered for retail giant Amazon on weekends and during the holiday seasons. However, the courier recently declared that from January 2020, it would offer seven-day delivery through its FedEx Ground service. This service covers the majority of the continental US and will be a year-round offering. The reason for this decision is, to some extent, the ever-increasing demands and pressures of eCommerce customers and tough competition in the shipping industry. With companies like Amazon developing their own in-house delivery services, courier companies are having to up their game to stay relevant.
Which FedEx Services Deliver on Saturdays and Sundays?
FedEx does offer weekend delivery. However, the timings and costs of weekend deliveries differ between the courier’s various services. Amazon and Walmart are competing with courier companies by offering next-day and one-day shipping; FedEx’s weekend delivery services is designed to cater to increasingly demanding online shoppers who want practically immediate delivery.
More posts fore dear readers:
- what percent alcohol is jameson whiskey
- bison vs buffalo vs yak
- are bears omnivores or carnivores
- how to put alcohol in flask
- how to put percentage formula in excel 2007
FedEx Saturday Delivery
FedEx Saturday delivery offers reliable pickup and delivery service on Saturdays. The service offers three dependable shipping options:
- You can find the nearest staffed FedEx location for pick up on Saturdays. Use the drop off locator to find the closest location that operates on Saturdays. The staff here will help you with packing and shipping your parcel.
- If your package is already packed and ready to be shipped, then you can drop it using a FedEx Express Dropbox. You can find your nearest Dropbox online with the drop off locator.
- Pickup can also be scheduled on Saturday at an additional charge.
Fedex Sunday Deliveries
As a customer, there’s nothing worse than ordering something and having to wait for a business day to have it delivered. To help online retailers offer better delivery options to their customers, FedEx has now started to ship and deliver on Sundays, too. FedEx Sunday delivery hours can be as late as 8pm, and the service means all cities in the US now have a seven-day delivery service.
|Courier Service||Delivery Hours||Delivery Time Live||Coverage|
|FedEx Home Delivery||Saturdays||5 Days||Global, Residential|
|FedEx Priority||Daily, except Sunday from 130pm-430pm||Overnight||US, regional restrictions apply|
|FedEx 2-Day Delivery||Daily, except Sunday, before 430pm||2 Days||US, regional restrictions apply|
|FedEx Same Day||Daily (as necessary)||Next day delivery||US only|
|FedEx Ground||Daily||1-5 Days||US only|
|FedEx Smart Post||Daily, except Sundays||2-7 Days||US only|
Does FedEx Charge Extra for Saturday and Sunday Delivery?
- FedEx Express delivers on Saturdays with additional fees of US$16 per parcel.
- Home Delivery does not charge extra for Saturday delivery.
- FedEx Same-Day City offers pickup on Saturdays or Sundays for US$20; weekend delivery is an additional US$40.
- US FedEx Express is US$16 per package for pickup.
- FedEx International allows pickup on Saturday for US$16; delivery is US%16 per shipment.
- FedEx Freight charges US$210 per package for both pickup and delivery.
How to Use Weekend Delivery Services with FedEx
The first step is to choose the service that works best for you. If you are a US resident, you can also use the FedEx delivery manager to facilitate timely and flexible deliveries. This way, the recipient doesn’t risk missing deliveries because you can schedule your dropoff times and receive tracking notifications by email or SMS. Simply register with this service and sign in to check and schedule your deliveries. You can find more details about the delivery options on their website.
You can pick the Saturday delivery options that are available for a handling fee. FedEx Home delivery is the only service that lets you deliver on Saturdays without a fee, while FedEx Same Day delivers 365 days a year. Saturday delivery location holds are available for FedEx Priority Overnight and FedEx 2 Day.
To use FedEx weekend delivery, you need to first select the mail class you want to use. Start by picking the service that suits your shipment. For example, do you want same day local delivery or overnight delivery to an address within the US? Or perhaps you want to send your package internationally, which means you’ll have to send it by Freight or FedEx International First, Ground or Economy. Book the complete shipment and schedule a pickup through the FedEx website. Just create an account (or use your existing one) and follow the easy steps below to book your courier service.
- Plan your shipment: Decide if you want to pack and label it yourself or if you want the FedEx staff to help you at the dropoff center. For international shipping, make sure you have read and met up to the international shipping regulations.
- Check your shipment: Make sure you have read the restricted and prohibited items list about your destination
- Prepare your package: If you have decided to package the parcel yourself, ensure that you have read the FedEx guide for proper packaging to ensure that it is within the courier’s guidelines.
- Pick your service: Next, you need to pick the delivery service you want. For FedEx Saturday delivery or FedEx weekend delivery, there are many services that you can pick according to destination and timeline of the shipment.
- Read the terms: Make sure you have read and understood the return shipping solution that FedEx offer.
- Calculate your costs: The rate calculator will let you get an estimated rate for the cost of your shipment based on your origin and destination, and the weight and volume of your package.
- Make your labels: You will have to create shipping labels for your shipment. For prepaid labels, you can use the FedEx Manager. You can create multiple shipping labels through your account or you can create a single label.
- Choose special add-ons: In the next step, you can choose a special delivery option like location holding or signature on delivery.
- Print your label and attach it: Now, print the label and paste it on the parcel so that it is easily readable and the barcode can be scanned easily.
- Drop off your package: If you want to drop off the package at a drop off location, you can find the closest one through the locator on the website. Or, you can schedule a pickup, too.can easily locate it through the FedEx locator.
- Track your package: FedEx offers very good tracking services. You can see where you package is at every step of the shipping process, especially if you use the Delivery Manager. If not, just enter your tracking number on the FedEx website to locate your parcel.
Plus, if you create a free account with Easyship, you can connect your own courier rates, check pricing, and schedule your pickups all in one place.
Will FedEx Deliver 7 Days a Week?
According to an official statement from the courier, FedEx will start to deliver seven days a week throughout the US. This is slated to begin in January 2020. Prior to this, FedEx only offered this service during the peak holiday season. However, in light of increasingly fierce competition amongst couriers, FedEx has decided to expand its offerings. It has also decided to bring in the two million packages that were previously handled by the post office to streamline delivery services and make them more efficient.
Another reason for this decision is the ever-increasing demands of eCommerce customers. As customers grow increasingly demanding and want their orders immediately, quick delivery options have become a major requirement for eCommerce businesses. FedEx is responding to this with its seven-day delivery promise.
FedEx delivery hours
When does FedEx start and stop delivering? We generally makes deliveries from 8 AM to 8 PM, Monday-Friday; and on Saturday and Sunday for residential deliveries. If you got a message that says FedEx will deliver your package by end of day, that means your package should arrive before 8 PM on the delivery date.