Hello, welcome to Solsarin.
Housekeeping week! How much do you know about it? Did you plan for it? We are here to give you some suggestions.
Join us to check fun games for housekeeping week.
How does housekeeping work?
Basic housekeeping involves cleaning, organizing, and keeping a home safe. Cleaning services include dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash, and watering plants, picking up clutter, and organizing closets in addition to everyday housekeeping tasks.
Common hard skills needed to be a good housekeeper include:
- Carpet cleaning.
- Deep cleaning.
- Window treatment cleaning.
- Bathroom and bedroom cleaning
When entering a hotel or casino, few people think about the housekeepers. While housekeeping can be a rewarding job, it can also be a very difficult one. People don’t realize how much hard work goes into housekeeping, so Housekeepers Week exists to give people a chance to thank housekeepers for their efforts in keeping everything tidy and safe for people. Find out how you can celebrate Housekeeping Week and learn about its history.
Housekeepers Week: A History
During Housekeepers Week, housekeepers are recognized and appreciated for their hard work. A week-long celebration of housekeeping workers has been observed by the IEHA, or the Integrated Environment and Health Assessment, since 1981. Almost every building operation, including hotels, restaurants, casinos, and other official buildings, relies on housekeeping’s long hours and efforts. The absence of housekeepers would lead to the spread of diseases and decrease in productivity. Because of the grittiness of the job, the lack of pay, and the lack of glamour attached to it, housekeeping isn’t appreciated as much as it should be.
In addition to the hard work that each person in that profession puts in, housekeeping can be appreciated as a profession for its importance. Companies and businesses that appreciate their employees and follow national worker regulation observe Housekeeping Week every year in thousands of facilities all over the world. Employees are generally given gifts, a party is held at the end of the week, and overall just thanked for their efforts.
Celebrate Housekeepers Week
When it comes to Housekeepers Week, the best way to show your appreciation is to thank a coworker who cleans your building. Give them a gift and maybe take them out for dinner so you can establish new friendships and learn about their lives. Let your social media friends know about this weeklong holiday by using the hashtag #housekeepersweek. Talk about housekeeping with your friends online and see what conversations arise. The purpose of this holiday is to make others feel appreciated for their profession as well as showing kindness to them.
When is National Housekeeping Day?
On September 17, the United States celebrates National Professional Housecleaners Day.
Housekeeping appreciation week: 6 ways to celebrate
Regardless of the approach you use below, the key to ensuring your appreciation is heard is to always tie it back to your business’ core mission. Explain how your housekeeping staff plays a vital role in keeping guests happy and allowing you to book rooms, thus affecting your hotel’s success.
Our advice is as follows:
Don’t forget to say thanks!
Thank yous can make a world of difference. Show your appreciation by thanking every member of your staff personally, sending them a personalized email or note, and putting up signs around your hotel’s break room and other frequented areas to let them know you value their contributions. Taking the time to write a heartfelt thank you is easy for you, and the recipient will appreciate it very much. The best way to show your appreciation is to do it regularly, rather than just during the week designated for it.
Get the team together by throwing a party
After you have expressed your gratitude, plan some sort of event to honor your housekeeping team. There might even be an awards ceremony honoring stand-out team members, such as a picnic or a free lunch for the whole week. It might be that you set up an ice cream sundae bar in the break room or maybe you order pizza for the whole team as a teambuilding activity. It doesn’t matter how big or small an event is, it always makes your housekeeping team feel welcome and appreciated, no matter what it is.
Awards should be given to deserving candidates
It is important to recognize stand out employees during this week, regardless of whether you are hosting an actual awards ceremony or not. You can also recognize team members who are celebrating their anniversaries during this week. As an example, maybe you give your team members a special gift or treat when they reach their one, three, and five year anniversaries, as well as recognize them. People are more likely to stay if they are recognized for their time of service as it gives them something to strive for and will prevent them from jumping ship to another company for a better opportunity.
Take feedback into consideration when making decisions
I think that sometimes the best way to show that you care about the members of your team is to give them a channel through which they can express their feedback and needs. Send out a survey or a suggestion box so that people can anonymously share what they like about working for your company as well as what they would like to see changed in the future. Take action on this feedback, not just stop there. Taking your team’s input into consideration and making real and legitimate changes shows you care.
Offer perks and gifts
It’s also nice to give gifts. Gift cards, cash bonuses, branded SWAG, and mental health days can all be offered. Don’t give a gift without true emotion behind it. People can tell. Gifts should always be accompanied by other tips in this guide, such as heartfelt thank yous, public displays of appreciation, and a willingness to listen and act upon feedback.
It’s important to share your appreciation privately, but publicizing it can also be very effective. Showcase housekeeping staff on your career site or social media. The publicity of the recognition can make it even more meaningful for many. Your employer branding strategy will be strengthened as potential employees see how highly valued your team is.
During housekeeping week, what games should you play?
Housekeeping professionals can showcase their skills during a day of fun and games. Among the activities you can conduct are an obstacle course for supply carts, a trivia contest, or even an old-fashioned pillow fight. It would be fun if managers participated as well! Prizes for the winners should be great.
fun games for housekeeping week
Trash Can Relay:
- You need to run to the trash can, insert a trash bag and tie it around the trash can, run back, tag the next player who has to run down, remove the old bag, drop it into the can, and tie the new bag around the trash can, and repeat. It is a race to see who can finish the fastest.
Dust Mop Relay:
- Styrofoam peanuts, ping pong balls, or any other measurable debris will be scattered in front of a dust mop, and players will be instructed to push debris around the cone and back, tagging the next player to do the same. The fastest time wins. Dust Mop Ski: The fastest time wins.
- A player stands on two dust mops, holding poles in his hands and skis around the cone, then tagging the next player as they finish the turn. There will be a winner based on the fastest time.
Trash Can Wheels Race:
- The trash cans are removed from the wheel bases; the players sit on the bases and they are pushed/pulled around outside of the cones back to the finish line, they tag the next two teams, and they go around again to reach the finish line.
Spray Bottle Shoot:
- In addition to the 5-gallon pail of water, each player has an empty squirt bottle and an empty squirt bottle. Water should be filled into targets (clear bottles with the fronts cut out) so that they can be used as targets. After the player squirts for 30 seconds, he/she hands the squirt bottles over to the next player until the time runs out. Ultimately, the winner is determined by which target contains the greatest amount of water.
The sponge relay can be broken down into the following steps:
- Each player has a five gallon bucket of water, a sponge that’s the size of a car wash sponge, and a small bucket that’s empty. In this game, the first player soaks the sponge and then runs to the next player, who then runs to the next player, who then runs to the last player, who wrings the sponge and then tosses it back to the first player. Continue to do this until the time has elapsed. The winner of the contest is determined by the pail that has the most water in it.
Be kind to each other and respect each other. Have a good time. Thank you for being with us.
for more reading:
- in what land did puff the magic dragon live?
- who is the lead singer of the cure?
- easy chocolate chip cookies recipe
- chinese broccoli with oyster sauce
- why does the pope kiss the ground
- slow cooker vegetable beef soup