Hello dear friends, thank you for choosing us. In this post on the solsarin site, we will talk about “ how to calculate discount percentage formula in excel“.
Stay with us.
Thank you for your choice.
Calculate Percentage Discount | Calculate Discounted Price | Calculate Original Price
If you know the original price and the discounted price, you can calculate the percentage discount. If you know the original price and the percentage discount, you can calculate the discounted price, etc.
If you know the original price and the discounted price, you can calculate the percentage discount.
1. First, divide the discounted price by the original price.
Note: you’re still paying $60 of the original $80. This equals 75%.
2. Subtract this result from 1.
Note: if you’re still paying 75%, you’re not paying 25% (the percentage discount).
3. On the Home tab, in the Number group, click the percentage symbol to apply a Percentage format.
If you know the original price and the percentage discount, you can calculate the discounted price.
1. First, subtract the percentage discount from 1.
Note: you’re still paying 75%.
2. Multiply this result by the original price.
Note: you’re still paying 75% of the original $80. This equals $60.
If you know the discounted price and the percentage discount, you can calculate the original price. Take a look at the previous screenshot. To calculate the discounted price, we multiplied the original price by (1 – Percentage Discount).
1. To calculate the original price, simply divide the discounted price by (1 – Percentage Discount).
Brief Description of Discount Calculation in Excel
Discount calculation in excel is one of the calculations often used in this software. By using excel, the calculation process related to discount can be done easier and faster.
For each of the three discount variables calculation, you must know the value of the other two first. This is because the calculation process for each of them needs the other two variables as its references.
To help you understand better about discount calculation in excel and the three variables relationship, you can see the example below. From there, we can infer how the variables are connected and can be used to get the value of one another.
The Calculation of the Discounted Price
The first variable we discuss here is the discounted price. Generally, the calculation writing to get the discounted price in excel can be written as follows.
In detail, the steps to write the calculation process of the discounted price in excel are as follows:
- Type the equal sign ( = ) in the cell where you want to place the discounted value
- Input the original price or the cell coordinate where the number is after =. Then, type in a minus sign ( – )
- Input the discount percentage or the cell coordinate where the percentage is. Make sure the percentage symbol ( % ) is behind the input you put in here. Then, type a star sign ( * )
- Input the original price or the cell coordinate where the number is
- Press Enter
The Calculation of the Discount Percentage
Generally, the writing of discount percentage calculation in excel can be given as follows:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails…
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range…
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns… Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges…
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select…
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more…
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments…
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic…
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF…
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!