Hi, welcome to solsarin site, in this post we want to talk about“low calorie chicken recipes for weight loss”,
stay with us.
low calorie chicken recipes for weight loss
The healthiest ways to cook Chicken are steaming, grilling, poaching and baking. All four techniques require minimal oil but keep plenty of flavor.
Out of these four methods, nothing beats a perfectly grilled chicken breast. When cooked correctly, it is extra flavorful and will NEVER turn our rubbery or dry. Not only is it easy and delicious, but it’s healthy too.
- Chicken breasts– Skinless and boneless chicken. If your fillets are big/thick, you can slice them length ways.
- Olive oil– The most flavorful oil for any chicken marinade.
- Lemon juice– Freshly squeezed is preferred, but bottled or jarred juice works.
- Garlic– Freshly minced garlic or bottled garlic, not garlic powder.
- Salt and pepper– To taste.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic until combined. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper then add it to a ziplock bag, along with the marinade. Refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
Now, preheat a grill to medium/high heat. Brush the grills with some oil and, once hot, add the chicken breasts on top. Grill for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165C, remove them from the grill and serve immediately.
- To store: Leftover chicken should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled chicken in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating: Microwave the chicken for 30-40 seconds or reheat stovetop.
Chicken Fajitas Recipe – Healthy Chicken Breast Recipe
This fast chicken fajitas recipe easy meal is perfect for weeknights, it’s loaded with veggies to cut calories and add nutrition.
Use the fajitas recipe chicken leftovers for lunches, there are 5 different ways to serve this low calorie recipe so leftovers can be enjoyed in new ways.
The fajitas recipe seasoning can be used in tacos, over grilled chicken, or steak, and even over eggs for a Mexican breakfast scramble. So, if nothing else, check out the fajitas recipe seasoning for other purposes.
The easiest way to make this Healthy Chicken Fajita recipe is to slice the chicken and marinate it when you first bring the chicken home from the store and just toss in the freezer, this way when it’s time to make them the hard part is done and they have marinated for a long, long time which makes for a really delicious meal.
- 1 lb. chicken breast sliced in thin strips
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeños all seeds and ribs removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 to matoes
Use the Healthy Chicken Fajitas to make the following 5 optional meals:
Roast Chicken and Vegetables with Fall Spices
Chicken pieces, 2 3/4–3 lb (1.25 kg–1.5 kg)
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Sweet paprika, 2 teaspoons
Ground coriander, 2 teaspoons
Ground cumin, 2 teaspoons
Red pepper flakes, 3/4 teaspoon
Lemon zest, grated from 1 large lemon
Kosher salt, 1 teaspoon, plus more as needed
Freshly ground black pepper
Butternut squash pieces, 1 package (14–16 oz/440–500 g)
Fingerling potatoes, 1 lb (500 g), halved lengthwise
How To Make It
- Position a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Pat the chicken dry, and place in a large bowl; add 2 tablespoons of the oil and turn to coat. In a small bowl, mix the paprika, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture for the vegetables; add the remainder to the chicken. Add 1 teaspoon salt and a generous amount of black pepper to the chicken and turn to coat. Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on half of a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the squash and potatoes in the same bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, season lightly with salt and black pepper, and toss to coat. Add the reserved spice mixture, and toss to coat. Arrange the vegetables on the second half of the baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a warmed platter or 4 warmed plates and serve right away.
Chicken and mushrooms
A healthy and low calorie chicken casserole with bacon, button mushrooms, peas and a parsley sauce – use chicken thighs for extra flavour and juiciness.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Season and dust the chicken with flour, brown on all sides. Remove. Fry the pancetta and mushrooms until softened, then remove.
Add the final tbsp oil and cook shallots for 5 mins. Add the stock and vinegar, bubble for 1-2 mins. Return the chicken, pancetta and mushrooms and cook for 15 mins. Add the peas and parsley and cook for 2 mins more, then serve.
Persian Grilled Chicken
Combine 1/2 teaspoon saffron and water in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in yogurt, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
If using any chicken breasts, cut into 2 equal portions. Add chicken to the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours, turning the chicken a couple times, if possible.
When ready to cook, build a medium-hot, multi-zone fire (see Tips) or preheat one section of a gas grill to medium.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain well. (Discard the marinade.)
Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part without touching bone registers 165 degrees F, 16 to 24 minutes total. Move the chicken to a cooler spot, as needed, to dodge any flare-ups.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Crumble the remaining 1/4 teaspoon saffron into the pan and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Transfer the chicken to a platter and drizzle with the saffron butter. Garnish with cilantro (or dill), if desired.