Hello friends. Welcome to solsarin. Here today’s discussion is about “Ninja air fryer french fries”. Please stay with us until the end of the discussion and then share your idea.
NINJA FOODI FRENCH FRIES (FROZEN) – AIR FRYER FRIES
The easiest Airfryer french fries (frozen fries) that will be ready in just 20 mins! If you’ve been searching for an Air fryer french fries recipe, look no further – this recipe is easy and tasty too!
Make it in your Ninja Foodi Grill or any air fryer too!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Using an air fryer has been proven to be healthier compared to deep frying. Enjoy your favorite fried snacks with less calories and zero worries!
- Other than making meals scrumptious, avocado oil also has health benefits. It’s proven to reduce cholesterol and improve heart health!
- Air frying adds an extra crisp you wouldn’t find with deep frying. With only one push of a button, make your fries extra crispy! No need to shield yourself from hot oil, if you know what I mean.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A bag of frozen french fries: There are so many potato cuts available in the market – straight cut, thick cut, crinkle cut, you name it! Which kind to pick is entirely up to you!
- Avocado oil: If you’re health conscious, the best oil to fry foods with is avocado oil.
- Kosher salt to taste: I use this for everything! Kosher salt has the perfect crystal size to draw moisture from food (i.e. crispy fries!)
- Seasoning to taste (optional)
- Turn on Ninja Foodi Grill to Air Crisp mode at 390 degrees.
- Bring out your fries from the freezer and throw them in the air fryer basket.
- Spray down fries with Avocado oil. Make sure to spray evenly to get that uniform crisp all over the fries.
- Season fries with salt and any spice you like to taste. Don’t hesitate to be creative with this step! Make the fries your own.
- Air Crisp for 20 mins and stir every 5 mins.
Can I cook frozen fries in an air fryer?
Yes! Cooking frozen fries in an air fryer is a more convenient and healthier alternative to deep frying.
How do you cook frozen french fries in a Ninja Foodi Grill?
Grab your Ninja Foodi Grill and bag of fries. Put the fries in the basket, spray oil and season the fries, set the Ninja Foodi Grill to Air Crisp mode at 390 degrees for 20 minutes.
How long do I cook frozen fries in the Ninja Foodi Grill?
Around 20 minutes! Could be shorter or longer, depending on how crispy I want my fries to be. Be sure to stir the fries every 5 minutes to fry them evenly.
How do you air fry in a Ninja Foodi Grill?
With only one push of a button, you can turn your Ninja Foodi Grill into an air fryer! Look for the button that says “Air Crisp,” press it, and set the temperature and time.
- The Ninja Food Grill is an all-in-one appliance. It can grill, air crisp, bake, roast, and dehydrate. It comes with all the accessories you’d need for each function. Make sure to use the Crisper Basket when air frying your fries!
- How you place your fries in the basket also matters! Be sure to leave some space for air to pass through. You might also want to toss the fries from time to time to get the heat all over the fries evenly.
- They say the key to the perfect french fries is frying them twice. You can also do that with the Ninja Foodi Grill! Air fry your fries at a lower temperature and for a shorter period of time. Add your spices and seasoning. Set the air fryer to the temperature and time as indicated in the recipe.
Ninja Foodi French Fries Recipe
This is what you’ll need to make fries in the Ninja Foodi
- Potatoes – let’s go with russet shall we (Leave skins on which make them even healthier. Sliced pretty thin.)
- Olive oil – again, healthier than vegetable oil – we considered using avocado oil too but will try that next time
The pot has a ceramic coating which is great but for this you’re going to use the air fryer basket it comes with.
- Seasonings – use what you would typically like on your fries, we are all about Lawry’s over here – it’s the bomb
- We share how to make air fryer baked potatoes here if you want to leave them whole too.
Let’s hear it for air crisp french fries. I’m telling you, you’ll never go back to frozen again after you try these.
What are the benefits of using an electric air fryer?
- There is NO need for oil
- Saves you a ton of money cutting out that ingredient
- Much healthier for you. Food absorbs quite a bit of oil and no matter what type you use and consuming oil isn’t great
- Safer since oil splatters. I especially never liked frying when my kids were around, made me nervous
- Your food comes out crispy
- There’s no need to turn on your oven or stovetop
When it is the summertime and you live in 90/100 degree weather that is the last thing you want to do.
Saves on your overall energy bill. Using a small device rather than your oven to crisp something small up.
Why is Ninja Foodi the best air fryer?
The air fryer lid is attached which means it’s less likely to get lost.
- It comes with an additional pressure cooking lid that is separate and works great for that function
- Air fryer bin is wide and doubles as a pressure cooker accessory
- again, dual functions in the kitchen are the best
- wide bin enables you to spread food out and make sure everything gets nice and cripsy
The air fryer cook crisp basket doubles as a great Ninja Foodi accessory for pressure cooking a chicken. Holes at bottom allow juices to drip away from the bird, and then finish with a crisp using the air frying function.
The type of potato that you use does matter. We have tried making French Fries from Yukon Gold, Golden Yellow, and Russet potato varieties.
In order to achieve crispy and golden brown fries the only one that worked consistently was the Russet potato.
And it is best to keep the skins on the potato. Just scrub the outside of your potatoes and slice.
Cutting the Potatoes
We love our Air Fryer Potato Wedges recipe. However, for French Fries, we want our potatoes cut on the thinner side.
And for even cooking, it is best that the cut potatoes are consistent in size. You can use a sharp knife to cut the potatoes in 1/4 inch sections.
However, we have found that the fries turn out much better when cut with a mandoline or French fry cutter.
Plus, it will save you a lot of time and frustration trying to hand cut them.
Just be sure to use the cutting guard if using the mandoline slicer. Believe me, I speak from experience.
Those sharp blades not only cut through a thick potato. They also slice the skin off your thumb very easily!
Soak The Potatoes
Now comes the part that requires a little patience. You must soak your potatoes in cold water for an hour before putting them in your Air Fryer.
This will help release the starches from the potatoes. If you skip this process, the potatoes will not cook properly.
And to take it one step further, it is best to drain the water after the 30 minutes so that the potatoes aren’t sitting in starchy water.
Then soak them one more time for a total of one hour.
Cooking Homemade French Fries
Now the Homemade French Fries are ready to be cooked!
Drain the potatoes and dry them completely. We place them on paper towels and pat them dry.
Then we let them sit for 10 minutes before we continue to the next step.
Remember – wet potatoes equal soggy French Fries.
Once the potatoes are nice and dry, place them in a large bowl. Then add the olive oil and seasoning.
Next, add the potatoes in a SINGLE LAYER in the basket or racks of your air fryer.
Unlike frozen potatoes, homemade french fries can’t be cooked in a huge batch.
Every Air Fryer cooks differently. So be sure to watch the end of the cooking process carefully.
Our Ninja Foodi cooked the homemade French Fries perfectly in 13 minutes.
Repeat the process until all of the fries have been cooked.
NOTE – if serving all at once, keep the cooked fries warm in low-heated oven. It is best to put them on a cooling rack over a baking sheet so they don’t steam and get soggy.
And if you want to keep things simple, make Air Fryer Tater Tots – they come out perfect every time!