Hi, welcome to solsarin site, in this post we want to talk about“overnight oats with chia seeds”,
stay with us.
overnight oats with chia seeds
A healthy breakfast goes a long way. The perfect combination of heart-healthy carbs, fiber, plant-based protein, and Omega-3 fatty acids keep us FUELED AND FULL. Overnight Oats are a portable grab-and-go meal so there’s no need to reach for processed or prepackaged foods….often full of sugar. Refined carbs and too much sugar lead to energy crashes and often more sugary snacks for a quick pick-me-up later. When we start the day off right—-it helps us keep going in that direction!
- Rolled Oats are one of the best sources of soluble fiber which can lower blood sugar levels and lower cholesterol. They are naturally gluten-free and absolutely packed with vitamins and minerals, B vitamins in particular.
- Chia Seeds are a good source of calcium and plant-based protein. They also contain very important Omega-3 fatty acids that are linked to reducing inflammation in the body and promoting heart health. The soluble fiber in soaked chia seeds can help lower cholesterol and control blood sugar spikes.
- Hemp Hearts are the seeds of the hemp plant and have a mildly nutty flavor. They are an excellent source of plant-based protein and dietary fiber, as well as, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. They’re also packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals. And add a nice texture to smoothies, yogurt parfaits, and overnight oats.
- Almond Milk is low in calories and high in Vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant. It’s also dairy-free and vegan. You can also use Oat milk.
For the Oatmeal:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk, or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, optional
- 1 medium banana, sliced, optional
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, optional
Gather the ingredients.