Hello everyone. Welcome to solsarin. This amazing text is about “Waffle Fries in Air Fryer”. If you are interested in this topic, stay with us and share it to your friends.
A waffle is a dish made from leavened batter or dough that is cooked between two plates that are patterned to give a characteristic size, shape, and surface impression. There are many variations based on the type of waffle iron and recipe used.
Waffles are eaten throughout the world, particularly in Belgium, which has over a dozen regional varieties. Waffles may be made fresh or simply heated after having been commercially cooked and frozen.
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions such as the Maillard reaction. Some product reviewers find that regular convection ovens or convection toaster ovens produce better results, or say that air frying is essentially convection baking under a trendy new name.
Convection ovens have been in wide use since 1945. In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. The term “airfryer” is now often used generically.
WAFFLE FRIES IN AIR FRYER
It’s so easy to cook your Waffle Fries In An Air Fryer to golden perfection, you’ll never go back to deep frying! You won’t want to throw them in the oven again either! This is a fast and practically effortless way to enjoy your waffle fries without using any oil!
Air Fried Golden Waffle Cut Fries For The Perfect Snack.
Who doesn’t love French fries? Crisp, hot, and (usually) greasy, they always hit the spot! The trouble is that they’re not exactly healthy food. But you already knew that.
All that changes when you make fries in an air fryer. And I happen to love waffle fries made this way. Not only are they fun to eat thanks to their unique shape and texture, but the oil content is drastically slashed when I make them in the air fryer. Believe me, they are just as good as fast food fries – even better!
Whether you make waffle fries as a side dish with burgers or air fryer hot dogs, have them for a mid-day (or midnight) snack, or even serve them with eggs and sausage for breakfast in place of hash browns, they are delicious!
This one is a quickie! That’s just a part of what makes using the air fryer such a joy. Plus, we will be using store-bought frozen waffle cut fries, so there is virtually no prep time!
- Frozen Waffle Fries – Use your favorite brand of ready-to-cook waffle fries with no need to thaw them. This should serve about 4 people (or 2 hungry ones!).
- Salt & Pepper – To taste. You can also whip out whatever other seasonings you enjoy, such as paprika, garlic salt, or garlic powder.
This won’t take long, so time your burgers, sandwiches, or hot dogs accordingly. Get ready for some fresh fries in a flash!
- Arrange the frozen waffle-cut fries in an even layer in your air fryer basket or on the air fryer trays. Overlapping them is okay if you run out of room, and no oil is needed for this recipe.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes, tossing or flipping the waffle fries at the halfway point in your cooking time. Cook for an additional 1-3 minutes for extra crispy waffle fries.
Note: For larger batches, after the initial cook time, it is easier to crisp up your waffle fries by finishing them in smaller batches. Remove half of the fries and crisp up each batch for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the waffle fries from the air fryer and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve piping hot with ketchup or whatever condiment you like. Enjoy!
STORING AIR-FRIED WAFFLE FRIES
Not that having leftover waffle fries happens often, but if you do, transfer the fries into an airtight container. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days, however, your best re-heating results will be within the first 1-2 days.
You can freeze the fries in an airtight container for up to 10 months, or longer when stored properly in an airtight container, freezer storage bag, or wrapped tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil. However, your re-frozen cooked waffle fries are best used within the first 10 months.
Waffle Fries in Air Fryer Recipe with Time and Temp
How long to cook frozen waffle fries in air fryer?
Get air fryer directions for Ore-Ida Golden Waffle Fries and frozen sweet potato waffle fries in the air fryer! You’ll love how crispy air fryer waffle fries are and how easy this one ingredient air fryer recipe is to make. This recipe works for all your favorite waffle fry brands, including Alexia, Ore Ida, and McCains.
Sometimes it’s nice to enjoy a treat, and these air fryer frozen waffle fries are oh-so delicious. As always, I have tips on making low calorie waffle fries and healthy homemade waffle fries below. I think it’s important to have a variety of options!
Speaking of variety, these air fryer frozen waffle cut fries are great because you can use whatever french fry seasoning you want. Frozen fries usually have added salt. Feel free to add black pepper, BBQ seasoning, Cajun spices, Italian seasoning, or whatever else sounds good.
Frozen fries from the store are one of the easiest things to make in an air fryer. They’re a great project for air fryer beginners. My top tip to remember is that cooking time is shorter with fewer fries.
If you cut this recipe in half, your air frying time will be less. If you add more fries to the air fryer, the air fryer time will be greater. This aspect of air frying is different than oven baking, and it’s important to keep in mind.
- Not greasy: Frozen waffle fries already have a lot of oil, and deep frying adds more oil, potentially leading to greasy fries. Air frying with dry heat keeps waffle fries crisp without the greasiness. Air frying is a healthier method of cooking too.
- Crispy fries with no burning: Sweet potato waffle fries in particular are super easy to burn in the oven. With an air fryer, you’ll get perfectly crispy and crunchy waffle fries every time without burning. Air fried waffle fries are the best!
- Less expensive than Chick-Fil-A: You will (in general) get more fries for the money when you buy frozen waffle fries versus Chick-Fil-A waffle fries. (More fries probably isn’t the best thing in terms of health, but it may help the grocery budget.)
- Easy side dish: All you need is one ingredient to make frozen waffle fries. You don’t need a formal recipe, with a lot of chopping and measuring. It’s one of the easiest air fryer side dishes you can make.
- Vegan: Waffle fries from the store are typically vegetarian and vegan. The Ore-Ida Waffle Fries I’m using are a vegan option.
- Delicious: It’s safe to say that many think fries are one of the tastiest vegetables you can eat. Though they’re not the most nutritious way to eat your veggies, even picky eaters tend to like them.
Cooking Time and Temperature
It takes a total of 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C) to cook waffle fries in the air fryer.Begin by air frying waffle fries for 6 minutes. Then flip the fries over. If the fries on the edges are browning more, move them to the middle of the tray.
Put the tray back in the air fryer and air fry an additional 6 minutes at 400F (200C). If the fries are not done to your liking, flip once more and air fry 2 more minutes. That’s all there is to it!
Remember that the amount of fries you start with matters. When I tried cooking half the number of fries, the cooking time was halved as well.
What tastes good with waffle fries?
What goes with waffle fries? Here are a few ideas for main dishes for fries:
Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer
Meatloaf in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
If you’re cooking something else in the air fryer after the fries, the cooking time may be shortened. This is because you’ve preheated the air fryer cooking waffle fries.
Calories, Net Carbs, Protein
One serving of air fryer waffle frieshas 147 calories, 14 grams net carbs, and 1 gram protein. Nutrition information provided is for Ore-Ida waffle fries, and will vary depending on the brand you use. This nutrition information does not include any dipping sauces you choose to add.