Hi, welcome to solsarin site, in this post we want to talk about“white chicken chili crockpot”,
stay with us.
white chicken chili crockpot
- 1lb chicken breasts (~2 large chicken breasts)
- 15oz can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 – 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded then minced (use 1 made for a mild chili)
- 1 shallot or 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- big pinch dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken broth
- juice of 1/2 small lime
- 1/4 cup milk, any kind
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free flour (or AP flour if you don’t need to eat GF)
- Toppings: green Tabasco sauce, verde sauce, lime wedges, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, sour cream
- Add first 12 ingredients — chicken breasts through lime juice — into a 6-quart crock pot then stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- Remove chicken then shred and place in the refrigerator. Whisk flour and milk together in a small dish then drizzle into chili and stir to combine. Cover then cook on high for 30 minutes. Stir shredded chicken back into chili then scoop into bowls and serve with toppings.
To prep ahead of time:
- Make freezer packs. Add all the ingredients for the CrockPot White Chicken chili into a gallon freezer bag then remove as much air as possible and freeze flat. 24-48 hours before slow cooking, place the bag in the fridge to thaw then dump into the crockpot and cook according to the directions. I stocked the freezer with a bunch of these for maternity leave!
- Prep the night before. Add all the ingredients into the removable crock portion of your CrockPot then place in the refrigerator overnight. Let the CrockPot sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes then pop it into the base and cook according to directions.
What do I serve with white chili?
This chili is lovely as is with no toppings but even better if you pair it with one or more of the following:
- Fritos – the smaller ones work best, not the scoops.
- Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cornbread – we love using Krusteaz Southern Cornbread Mix.
- A Squeeze of lime juice
- Additional sour cream
- Cubed avocado
White Chicken Chili
The BEST white chicken chili recipe for the stovetop or crockpot with chicken breasts, green chiles, and white beans. Easy and healthy!
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 to 3 breasts)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock (see notes if you prefer a thicker chili) (32 ounces)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans reduced-sodium white beans such as white kidney beans, cannellini, or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small yellow onion (or 1/2 large) finely diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Top with the chicken broth, white beans, green chiles, garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate. Once cool enough to handle, shred and set aside.
- With an immersion blender, puree a portion of the chili to thicken it, leaving some of the beans whole. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can instead transfer a few ladlefuls of the chili to a food processor or blender and pulse roughly, then return back into the chili.)
- Stir in the shredded chicken and cilantro. Portion into bowls and top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Add any other desired toppings and enjoy.
STOVETOP DIRECTIONS: In a large pot, sauté the onion over medium heat in a tablespoon of olive oil until softened. Add the rest of the ingredients as directed and bring everything to a simmer. Let cook 15-20 or until the chicken is fully cooked and tender. Remove the chicken, shred, then finish the recipe as directed.
SLOW COOKER TIP: Know thy slow cooker! If yours cooks exceptionally quickly, be sure to watch the cooking time carefully and check it early, as chicken breasts more easily dry out in the crockpot. My chicken was ready on high after 2 1/2 hours.
FOR THICKER CHILI: Start with half the amount of broth (2 cups) and add more at the end to thin the chili to the desired consistency.
TO STORE: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
TO FREEZE: White chicken chili may be kept frozen for up to 2 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
TO REHEAT: Reheat chili in the microwave or on the stovetop until steaming.
what to serve with slow cooker chicken chili?
- Don’t forget those toppings! Think avocado, sour cream (traditional or dairy-free), chopped onion, cilantro, fresh lime juice, jalapenos, Monterey jack cheese or dairy-free cheese shreds.
- You can also add crunchy tortilla chips, a warm tortilla or even these one-bowl cornbread muffins on the side for dipping.
how to store or freeze leftovers?
- Homemade white bean chicken chili will keep well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, in a sealed container
- This recipe also freezes well, store in a sealed freezer friendly container for up to 2-3 months
white chicken chili crockpot healthy
Healthy White Chicken Chili recipe is a 30 minute meal with the option of making it 3 different ways! Whether on the stovetop, the Instant Pot, or a slow cooker, this flavourful thick and creamy soup is amazing.
Made with tender chicken breasts, buttery white beans, corn, cumin, and yogurt, this healthy comfort food is easy to make and extremely popular for a reason! Serve white bean chicken chili with tortilla chips, avocado slices, and your favourite cheese!
Ingredients for White Bean Chicken Chili
- Chicken: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts come with a lot of meat and are easy to shred once cooked and start falling apart.
- Aromatics: Onion and garlic are needed to impart flavour into the entire soup.
- Avocado oil: I use avocado oil because of its heat tolerance as well as its health benefits. Olive oil will work just as well.
- Chicken broth: Look for low sodium if you can. If you’ve got some homemade broth, by all means, use that!
- Beans and corn: Great northern beans when cooked are buttery and melt in your mouth when cooked. They add to the creamy texture and the juicy corn gives it added texture with a bit of sweetness from the juice.
Diced green chilis: A can of this will add not only a bit of heat but flavour too! A taste you may find familiar to a lot of Mexican-inspired dishes.
- Herbs and Spices: Cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. You can, of course, adjust any of these to your preferences. It’s only slight heat, but add less for an even milder taste. Add more, for a spicier soup. Fresh cilantro is perfect to add some vibrant herbaceous notes.
- Yogurt: Plain Greek yogurt adds the thick and rich body that the base of the white bean chicken chili needs without the heaviness of processed cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Lime juice: The acid from the lime juice is exactly what this soup needs to cut through the creaminess and strike the perfect balance to round out this recipe.
- For serving: Tortilla chips, avocado, yogurt, limes.
How to Make White Chicken Chili Crockpot
There is detailed recipe card below.
The difference between stovetop and crockpot white bean chicken chili is that you have to saute onion, garlic, and spices in the skillet and then transfer them to the slow cooker. And add only 1 cup broth.
- Cook veggies in a skillet: Saute onion, garlic, and spices in the skillet. Transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Combine in the slow cooker: Mash 1 cup of beans and add to slow cooker with other whole beans, only 1 cup broth, chicken, and corn.
- Cook: Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
- Shred meat and season: Shred chicken and return it to the crockpot along with cilantro, lime juice, and yogurt.
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- 1 15- oz. can black beans
- 1 15.25- oz. can corn undrained
- 1 10- oz. can Rotel tomatoes undrained
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 8- oz package light cream cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Place chicken at the bottom of the crock pot, then pour out the whole can of corn (undrained), Rotel tomatoes, and black beans on top of chicken.
- Top with seasonings and ranch dressing mix. Stir together.
- Place cream cheese block on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- After the cooking time is over, take chicken breasts from crock pot and shred and add back to the chili. Stir together and enjoy!
white chicken chili crockpot pioneer woman
Pioneer Woman White Chicken Chili is a pure delight with chicken, beans, and chili. This dish is special due to the unique flavor of chili and creamy sauce. With the chunks of chicken and beans, it is hearty, delicious, and filling.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chili
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. masa harina
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen corn
- Monterey Jack cheese and avocado, for topping
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Mix coriander, oregano, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the mixed spices over the chicken.
- Add chicken broth, beans, green chili, and garlic. Mix everything well, cover the slow cooker and cook for 7 to 8 hours until the chicken is cooked.
- Mix the heavy cream and masa harina in a bowl and set aside.
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker and shred with the help of two forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Add masa mixture andcorn. Cover the cooker and cook for 25-30 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Transfer the chicken chili to bowls and top with grated cheese and chopped avocado. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy the chicken chili.