Hello and welcome to our site solsarin. Today, we want to know more about “Crock Pot Chicken Drumstick recipes”. So, here we go!
Crock-Pot Chicken Drumsticks
You only need 5 ingredients to make easy and delicious Crock Pot Chicken Drumsticks. Toss everything into your crock pot and dinner will be a breeze. Everyone will enjoy these tender and flavorful slow cooker drumsticks.
How do I make crock pot drumsticks crispy?
I like my chicken drumsticks to have a little crisp to the edges. If you are concerned that they might be soggy in the slow cooker, we have a tip for you. When the chicken is finished cooking, place the drumsticks on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Broil for 1-5 minutes until it begins to brown.
Remove from oven, flip the drumsticks, and broil the other side for another 1-5 minutes until brown. This will give you just the right amount of crispiness to the outside of the drumsticks. This has quickly become one of our favorite Chicken drumstick slow cooker recipes easy and simple for any day of the week.
- 1lb. chicken drumsticks
- 1Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1tsp. salt
- 1/2tsp. ground black pepper
- 1tsp. paprika
- 1/2tsp. onion powder
- 1/2tsp. garlic powder
- 1cup barbecue sauce
Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks Recipe:
This Easy Chicken Drumsticks crock pot recipe is a must try. Whether you need something tasty and easy for game day or the next big party, this is the best recipe with very little work.
It is delicious enough for company but easy enough to make on a busy weeknight. Our entire family loves this and the kids can’t get enough. These crock pot chicken drumsticks are requested weekly by my family.
I can’t believe it is that simple to make delicious slow cooker chicken drumsticks and absolutely love how easy it is in the crockpot!
In a small bowl combine the paprika, cumin, and garlic salt. Stir to combine.
Sprinkle over the drum sticks and rub all over chicken skin.
Pour 1 cup of barbeque sauce over the chicken drum sticks.
Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours until the chicken is tender. (You can cook on high if you prefer but reduce the hours on high.)
When finished place the chicken on a cookie sheet lined with foil and cooking spray.
Brush half of the bbq sauce on the drum sticks. Broil for 1-5 minutes until it begins to brown.
Remove from oven, flip the drumsticks, and brush with the remaining bbq sauce.
Broil another 1-5 minutes until brown.
Serve hot. Enjoy!
- We make chicken legs in the crock pot a LOT. I love how flavorful and versatile they can be. I have been known to just throw them in with a little Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and call it a day. Sometimes we go a step further to make them Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Legs. We have also been known to make this One Pot Chicken Dinner with chicken drumsticks instead of the boneless thighs in the original recipe.
- This recipe is from America Test Kitchen’s Slow Cooker Revolution.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Tips for Crock Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Have you ever tried making your own BBQ Sauce? It really is a simple process to make and it taste amazing. You can use the store bought also and they will still turn out great.
- Make sure to leave the skin on the drumsticks. This allows the skin to get crispy and from drying out.
- If you prefer your drumsticks crispy, make sure when you put them in the broiler to watch them closely. It doesn’t take long to get that crispy edge.
- You can use these same ingredients to cook your chicken the crockpot using chicken thighs or boneless chicken breast.
EASY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS ITALIAN STYLE
Looking for an easy crock pot chicken meal? Try this Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks Italian Style recipe for a quick and delicious family meal.
My slow cooker has done it again. Moist and tender chicken with no hard work. Sign me up.
I’ve got the perfect weeknight meal for your busy schedule. Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks Italian Style has got me like – YUM! A few ingredients and a family gathered around the table, this crock pot chicken drumstick dish is going to win over your hearts and your bellies.
I love when a meal just comes together. Organic chicken drumsticks were BOGO at the store this past week. Winning. Then my father-in-law offered me a bunch of fresh basil from his garden. I couldn’t let this deliciousness go to waste. So I pulled out my BFF, the Crock Pot. Oh-Em-Goodness. Throw a bunch of things in a pot and turn it on? Try and stop me. Just try. Sending up a little prayer, I let the slow cooker do it’s thing. And the results couldn’t be more amazing.
Ready to make your new favorite slow cooker meal? Be sure to save this recipe:
So when I say that this chicken falls off of the bone like BUTTER, I mean it. So moist and tender and full of flavor, this chicken goes perfectly over a plate of pasta for a winning family dish. Another chicken drumstick crock pot meal added to our list of family recipes! You can definitely freeze and pull this dish out for a later date too.
The Most Flavorful Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks
You know what they say: friends don’t let friends make bland chicken! Okay, fine, maybe that’s not a real saying, but it should be! Because, making super flavorful chicken is easy, and that’s where this simple and delicious recipe comes in.
Here, we’re going with chicken drumsticks. I think drumsticks are an under-appreciated part of chicken. They’re juicy, flavorful, and they cook easily in a crock pot. They also stand up well to the bold flavors of balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, sriracha and more.
What Makes This Recipe So Good? The Sauce!
So let’s talk about the sauce. Do you sometimes feel intimidated by sauce-making and unsure how to go about it? Don’t be! Making a sauce can be really complex if you want it to be, but it can also be simple! Some of my favorite sauces are nothing more than a few tasty ingredients mixed together in proportions that work.
This sauce is a perfect example! It’s not necessary to steep this or saute that, to pull out your double-boiler or coddle any eggs. Instead, we’re just going to whisk together some easy-to-use, easy-to-find ingredients.
But, the result of this honey-sriracha-sauce is out of this world! It’s a wonderful balance of sweet, salty, tangy and hot. You’re gonna want to make it again and again.
You’ll notice that this recipe makes about 3 pounds of drumsticks! That might seem like a lot, but it really isn’t. A lot of the weight is because we’re using bone-in chicken. If you’d like, feel free to substitute bone-in thighs; they’re equally delicious.
- Drumsticks: You’ll need 3 pounds of chicken drumsticks. Some people prefer skinless, but you can use either.
For the Sauce
- Honey: The sweetness in the sauce is from ¼ cup of your favorite honey.
- Soy Sauce: You’ll also need ¼ cup of soy sauce; I use low-sodium soy sauce. If you’d like, you can substitute tamari or coconut aminos.
- Balsamic Vinegar: This richly-flavored condiment adds an amazingly savory flavor to the sauce.
- Brown Sugar: Just a couple of tablespoons.
- Fresh Garlic: Mince or press six cloves of garlic. You can substitute 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic powder, if necessary.
- Sriracha: I love sriracha! It has such an intense, umami flavor, full of heat and deliciousness. 1 tablespoon gives the sauce a nice kick.
- Ground Ginger: Just a teaspoon picks the sauce up and gives it a lovely fresh zing.
For the Slurry
- Water: You’ll need 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Cornstarch: 2 tablespoons of cornstarch blended with the water make the perfect sauce thickener.
Place drumsticks in a 6.5-quart, or larger, slow cooker; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic, sriracha and ground ginger.
Pour soy sauce mixture over the chicken drumsticks and gently toss to coat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Chicken is cooked through when internal temperature register at 165˚F.
If you’d like to thicken the sauce, make a slurry about 15 minutes before the chicken is done: in a small bowl or cup, whisk together water and cornstarch.
Remove cover from slow cooker and stir the slurry into the sauce; recover and cook on HIGH heat for 10 to 12 more minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
Serve drumsticks with sauce and top with sesame seeds and cilantro.