Beef is the culinary name for meat from cattle (Bos taurus).
In prehistoric times, humans hunted aurochs and later domesticated them. Since that time, numerous breeds of cattle have been bred specifically for the quality or quantity of their meat. Today, beef is the third most widely consumed meat in the world, after pork and poultry. As of 2018, the United States, Brazil, and China were the largest producers of beef.
Beef can be prepared in various ways; cuts are often used for steak, which can be cooked to varying degrees of doneness, while trimmings are often ground or minced, as found in most hamburgers. Beef contains protein, iron, and vitamin B12. Along with other kinds of red meat, high consumption is associated with an increased risk of colorectal cancer and coronary heart disease, especially when processed. Beef has a high environmental impact, being a primary driver of deforestation with the highest greenhouse gas emissions of any agricultural product.
Beef Stock (Water, Dried Beef Stock), Carrots, Potatoes, Seasoned Beef, Beef Broth And Modified Cornstarch Product (Beef, Beef Broth, Salt, Modified Cornstarch, Sodium Phosphate, Black Pepper), Toasted Barley, Green Beans, Peas, Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Modified Cornstarch, Celery, Contains Less Than 2% Of: Salt, Yeast Extract, Beef Stock, Monosodium Glutamate, Dried Onions, Caramel Color, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Citric Acid, Natural Flavoring, Beef Tallow, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dried Beef, Garlic Extract. Contains: Wheat, Soy
About this item
- HIGH-QUALITY Our vegetable beef soup starts with hearty combination of carrots, potatoes, seasoned beef, barley, green beans, and peas
- WARMS YOU INSIDE & OUT: Think warm thoughts when you grab Campbell’s Condensed Vegetable Beef Soup from the pantry. This family-favorite helps make dinnertime great!
- CUSTOMIZABLE SOUP: Just add water and heat this easily customizable vegetable beef soup to savor delicious flavor
- 90 CALORIES PER SERVING: This canned soup has only 90 calories per 8 ounce prepared serving (half condensed soup, half water)
- PANTRY STAPLE: Each 10.5 ounce can of chicken with rice soup has 2.5 servings
future and benefits
- REAL FLAVOR: A flavorful recipe of tender cuts of beef, hearty potato chunks, crisp carrots, peas, green beans, and barley.
- SIMPLE TO SERVE: No need to worry about multi-step prep
- the simple, easy-to-open single serving can doesn’t need to be reconstituted. Just heat, stir, and serve.
- AN EASY STAPLE: This is the perfect on-the-go delicious option delighting guests wherever they are.
- MENU INSPIRATION: Great for a snack in between meals or off hours. List this savory soup on your appetizer menu or feature as a lunch special with a seasonal salad. Add a small cup as a side with a burger or a chicken sandwich instead of fries or chips.