Hi, welcome to solsarin site, in this post we want to talk about“italian dressing for steak marinade”,
stay with us.
Italian dressing for steak marinade
Italian Dressing Steak Marinade is a delicious and easy steak marinade recipe that will give your steak a ton of flavor and make it juicy and delicious. This is because the combination of oil and vinegar with herbs and spices tenderize the steak and make it flavorful. Perfect for those tougher cuts of steaks. Throw your steak in this marinade before leaving for work and come home and grill yourself a feast!
Italian dressing is one of the best steak marinades you can use, and it’s a flavorful shortcut to perfectly juicy and flavorful steaks. The combination of oil and vinegar with herbs and spices makes it a delicious and powerful tenderizer. The dressing is especially handy when you’re dealing with tough cuts of beef. Although there is an endless array of great marinades, you can’t beat this recipe for simplicity, as you just need a bottle of nice Italian dressing, your beef of choice, and seasonings.
This is a quick overview of the recipe. For the full recipe please keep scrolling to the bottom of the post where the recipe box is!
- Italian dressing
- A1 sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
Mix Ingredients – Take all the listed ingredients above (minus the steak) and whisk them together. Once mixed well, add to a plastic bag resealable bag.
Marinate Steaks – Next, take your steak and add to the bag as well. Seal and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
Grill Steaks – After the steaks are done marinating grill them using your favorite method!
Italian Dressing Marinade Steak Recipe
If you are a lover of steaks, you will agree that they have exciting flavors and a rich mouthfeel. It gets even better when you marinate your steak, as it adds extra flavor and makes the meat more tender. Little wonder why marinade steak is high-in-demand in most countries. Normally, you can decide to buy marinade steaks from a store. Nevertheless, if you decide to prepare them yourself, you need a recipe.
There are many marinade steak recipes out there you can choose from. However, the sole purpose of this article is to provide you with information about possibly the easiest recipe of them all — the Italian Dressing Marinade Steak Recipe. So, if you are ready to cook your marinade steak to perfection using this classic Italian style, let’s get you started.
1½ pound steaks
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons honey
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup A1 steak sauce
¾ cup Italian Dressing
First, get a bowl and blend all the ingredients in it, excluding the steak.
Place the steaks in a large bowl or zip lock bag that can easily be resealed.
Then, move ahead to pour marinade on the steak.
After you have done this, ensure you allow enough air to escape from the bag or bowl.
Now, you can seal it.
Marinate it for no less than 2 hours, or you could opt for overnight marinating.
If you opt for the skillet alternative, here is what you should do
Make sure the heat is high.
Once this is in place, allow the skillet to preheat until it is hot.
Immediately you notice the skillet is hot, it means that it’s time to introduce your steaks.
So, proceed to place your steaks in the skillet.
Allow every side to cook for about 3 minutes.
After which, you can set the heat level to medium-high.
Keep cooking the steaks and flipping them at intervals until you are satisfied. In most cases, it takes around 10 mins for steaks to get done, as this depends solely on their thickness.
italian dressing flank steak marinade
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a bowl, combine the salad dressing mixes, oil and lemon juice. Brush over both sides of steak; place in a shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium, 5 minutes on each side for medium-well or until desired doneness is reached.
4 ounce-weight: 267 calories, 16g fat (0 saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1/2 starch.
Grilling the Marinated Flank Steak on the BBQ.
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 cup Italian style salad dressing
- Pour 1 cup of the Italian Dressing over the flank steak. Massage the steak gently in the bag to coat it with the dressing. Put in the refrigerator.
- Flip the steak bag over once or twice a day for the next 2 to 3 days. This ensures both sides of the steak are in the marinade
- The steak is now ready to grill. Alternately you can put the steak in the freezer, and freeze for up to 6 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator when you are ready to use it.
- Grill the steak on a preheated BBQ grill. Place the steak on the hot grill and pour some of the marinade over the steak. Continue to add the marinade to the steak as you grill it. Grill to desired doneness. Note if you have a think steak the outer portions will be medium-well done and the center will be medium-rare.
- Slice very thin against the grain of the meat and serve.
THE BEST STEAK MARINADE RECIPE
Main Ingredients for Marinade
Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
A1 Steak Sauce
Here’s the big thing…I don’t “measure” my ingredients. I can’t tell you the EXACT amounts of everything to put in. I will tell you this:
- I use probably 1/2 cup-1 cup of steak sauce depending on how much marinade I need for the size of my steak
- I put in about equal portions of Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce (maybe 1/8-1/4 cup)
- I use 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Italian dressing
- I use around 1 tablespoon mustard
- I used around 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
The mixture will taste good no matter what, you can taste as you go and adjust. The biggest ingredients are the steak sauce and Italian dressing. The next two in line of most used, would be the soy and Worcestershire sauce. And the least used is the lemon juice and mustard. If you follow that overall idea you’ll be in good shape. We make enough to cover our steaks.
T-Bone Steak Marinade Recipe
This was one of my grandfather’s favorite recipes. It’s so simple, the family loves it, and it’s a wonderful recipe for a great barbeque meal!
|1 cup vegetable oil
|¾ cup soy sauce
|½ cup lemon juice
|¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
|¼ cup prepared yellow mustard
|4 cloves garlic, minced
|ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk the vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and pepper together in a bowl until combined.
- To use the marinade, place the meat in the bag, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. Discard the marinade after it has been used.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 5.8 g, FatContent 27.8 g, FiberContent 0.6 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.6 g, SodiumContent 1525.3 mg, SugarContent 1.7 g
Can I Use the Marinade for Basting?
Yes and no. If you plan to use the marinade left in the bag know that raw meat has been there and the chances of food-borne illness increase when consuming undercooked meats. But if you cook and boil the marinade you can use it for basting:
Place the marinade in a pan and bring it to a boil for at least 5 minutes. This process ensures that all potentially harmful bacteria are killed. Only then you can use it for basting, or you can transform it into a serving sauce by adding other ingredients like butter or heavy cream and seasonings, and reducing it to concentrate flavors.
How Do you Make a Steak Tender?
There are two ways that I use to make a steak tender. Acidic tenderizers are a great way to get a tender steak. I include lemon juice in my marinade to help to soften the steak. it breaks down the tough fibers in the meat. If you are starting out with an already tough cut of meat, I will also break down the fibers by pounding the meat before I cook it.
How Long do you Marinate Steak?
As soon as your marinade is ready to go you add your steaks and let them soak up all of that delicious flavor. It also tenderizes as it marinates. The minimum to let these steaks marinate is 2 hours, but can also be marinated overnight. The flavor is seriously out of this world!
Cooking Steak in a Skillet Tips
I love to cook my steaks in a skillet. It only takes minutes to get that crispy brown edge and medium cooked inside. But you can also use this recipe to grill. It is perfect for both. It is going to give your steaks the very best flavor!
- Cast Iron: The best skillet to use is a cast-iron skillet. It distributes the heat evenly and browns steak beautifully.
- Heat it up: Use the largest burner on your stove and heat up the cast iron before placing the steaks in. This will ensure I good crusty sear. The oil in the pan should be shimmering almost to the smoking point.
- Dab the Steak: With a paper towel, gently dab the steaks dry. Do not worry you will not take off marinade that is already saturated into the meat. When the meat is dry it will make sure there is a good sear, creating that incredible flavorful crust. When they are moist, they tend to steam instead of sear, which will cause them to be soft.
- Add The Butter Last: Place the butter in the pan right before you are ready to take them out. You do not want your butter to burn, which it can easily with the high heat.
- Let it rest: However you cook your steak be sure to let it rest 5-15 minutes for the juices to redistribute throughout the steak. This way you won’t end up with all the good flavor on your plate instead of inside the meat.