Hello. Welcome to solsarin. This post is about “creamy ranch chicken crock pot“.
The chicken (Gallus domesticus) is a domesticated junglefowl species, with attributes of wild species such as the grey and the Ceylon junglefowl that are originally from Southeastern Asia. Rooster or cock is a term for an adult male bird, and a younger male may be called a cockerel. A male that has been castrated is a capon. An adult female bird is called a hen and a sexually immature female is called a pullet.
Originally raised for cockfighting or for special ceremonies, chickens were not kept for food until the Hellenistic period (4th–2nd centuries BC). Humans now keep chickens primarily as a source of food (consuming both their meat and eggs) and as pets.
Chickens are one of the most common and widespread domestic animals, with a total population of 23.7 billion as of 2018, up from more than 19 billion in 2011. There are more chickens in the world than any other bird. There are numerous cultural references to chickens – in myth, folklore and religion, and in language and literature.
Genetic studies have pointed to multiple maternal origins in South Asia, Southeast Asia, and East Asia, but the clade found in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa originated from the Indian subcontinent. From ancient India, the chicken spread to Lydia in western Asia Minor, and to Greece by the 5th century BC. Fowl have been known in Egypt since the mid-15th century BC, with the “bird that gives birth every day” having come from the land between Syria and Shinar, Babylonia, according to the annals of Thutmose III.
CROCK POT CREAMY RANCH CHICKEN
Not only is this recipe super convenient it is delicious. The ranch flavor is just perfect. Not too overpowering at all. My kids devour this and so does my hubby. It’s on the dinner rotation often at my house.
Ingredients for Ranch Chicken Recipe:
- Chicken Breasts
- Baby carrots
- Dry ranch dressing mix – Try our Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- Cream of chicken soup
What to serve with Creamy ranch chicken?
- Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls – These are very easy to make and perfect for dipping into the creamy sauce.
- Caesar Salad – This is so simple and a delicious side dish.
- Steamed Broccoli. Only 3 minutes and you can have a great side dish. It is tasty and perfect for busy weeknights.
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus– This is so quick and the flavor is amazing with Ranch Chicken.
- Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks -Garlic bread stuffed with cheese is the perfect bread to serve with this chicken. It is perfect for dipping and so delicious.
CAN YOU PUT FROZEN CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER
Can you? Yes. Should you? No. A slow cooker cooks slowly (hence the name). It doesn’t bring meat up to a safe temperature quickly enough to start from frozen. Will it kill you? Probably not, but now that I know better, I always start with thawed chicken.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Set ‘n Forget Slow Cooker – Maybe you have an actual “Crock Pot” brand slow cooker, but I have and love this Hamilton Beach version and I love that after the set cooking time is done, it automatically switches over to “warm”. Great for my long days.
- Spoon & Ladle Set – I have and love this set. It’s heat safe, easy to clean, and perfect for breaking up the cooking chicken, then spooning it over the noodles.
- Colander with a handle – I thought a handle on my colander was unnecessary when my husband bought me one but I love it. It’s easier to safely drain noodles without getting a steam bath.
INGREDIENTS FOR CROCK POT CREAMY RANCH CHICKEN
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oz pkg ranch dressing mix
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened and cubed
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- Optional: prepared angel hair pasta
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY RANCH CHICKEN IN A CROCK POT
Place your chicken in the bottom of your crock pot
Evenly put your cream cheese cubes, ranch mix and soup all over your chicken
Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours
Remove your chicken from your crock pot and place on top of a bed of angel hair pasta, if desired
Mix your sauce in your crock pot until smooth and spoon over chicken and pasta
Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken
Today’s recipe is an easy, cheesy ranch shredded chicken that you can make in the slow cooker. It is delicious and very easy.
What is the Best Cut of Chicken to Use?
This recipe calls for large boneless/skinless chicken breasts, but you can also use boneless/skinless chicken thighs.
How to Serve Crockpot Creamy Ranch Chicken
This crockpot shredded chicken is so versatile!
• You can serve it as the main course with sides.
• Make it into tacos on soft or crisp tortillas.
• Serve on buns or bread as sandwiches.
• Serve it as a dip.
If you are just starting your kids out with helping in the kitchen, this Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes is a good one to start with. My Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings is another recipe that is similar to this one! You don’t have to worry about using the oven or stove and can still come out with a delicious meal in the end.
I crave warm and comforting food in the winter and fall, but also in the summer. In the summer I tend to get sick of grilling (as much as I love a good burger) and throw in a comfort food meal once in a while.
Feel free to serve this Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes over some rice or with a side of rice. It really is a meal that needs no other bells and whistles added to it as it has it all – protein, starch, and a veggie.
I should also have you check out one of my personal favorite dinners – this Crock Pot Fiesta Mexican Chicken & Rice. Enjoy this meal any day of the year and don’t be surprised if you find yourself putting it on the regular recipe rotation. For another delicious chicken crock pot recipe, try my Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo.
WHAT IS THE BEST CUT OF CHICKEN TO USE?
I use boneless chicken breasts because my fam prefers them. This would be equally and deliciously made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
CAN YOU PUT FROZEN CHICKEN IN THE CROCKPOT?
The answer may surprise you! According to the slow cooker and food safety guidelines from the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, you should thaw your meat in the refrigerator before adding it to your crockpot recipe.
Frozen meat might take too long to reach a safe cooking temperature which can allow bacteria to grow. That said, Crock-Pot.com says you can cook frozen meat in a Crock-Pot, however, you may need to increase the cooking time. Okay guys…clear as mud, right??
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy recipe with just 8 ingredients.
- 4 quick steps to prep in less than 5 minutes. Throw in the slow cooker and go! Get dinner on the table with minimal effort!
- It’s easy to sneak extra veggies in (think peas, green beans, etc).
What’s not to love about creamy comfort food that is so easy it’s almost effortless?
Just toss the ingredients for this creamy Ranch chicken in your slow cooker and by dinnertime you’ll have a delicious chicken stew with its own gravy!
The low and slow cooking time makes everything butter tender. Your family will be licking their plates, I promise.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- Slow Cooker
- Small mixing bowl
Crockpot Ranch chicken leftovers should be put in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated. Be sure to eat it up within 4 to 5 days or throw it out.
Freeze this dish for up to 3 months. The chicken freezes well but the potatoes do not. Remove them before freezing.
Thank you for staying with this post “creamy ranch chicken crock pot” until the end.