Ham is pork from a leg cut that has been preserved by wet or dry curing, with or without smoking. As a processed meat, the term “ham” includes both whole cuts of meat and ones that have been mechanically formed.
Ham is made around the world, including a number of regional specialties, such as Westphalian ham and some varieties of Spanish jamón. In addition, numerous ham products have specific geographical naming protection, such as prosciutto di Parma in Europe, and Smithfield ham in the US.
AIR FRYER HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS
These sliders are also a perfect way to feed visiting families, when using leftover holiday ham.
Besides an air fryer, the ingredients you need to make these sliders are:
- Hawaiian Style Rolls
- slices of ham
- Cheese slices
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Poppy seeds
Cut the Hawaiian Rolls in half. Spread mustard on one side of the roll, and mayonnaise on the other side.
Fold the slices of cheese and then cut in half. Next, place them on the bottom piece of bread and then top with ham slices and then close the slider.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the brown sugar, Westchester sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Stir the ingredients together.
Place the rolls, in a single layer, in the air fryer basket, without stacking. Brush the sauce over the rolls.
Return the air fryer basket into the air fryer and air fry at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese has melted, and the sandwiches are golden brown.
- I have a basket style air fryer so if you have a rack, place the rolls on a baking sheet that will fit in your air fryer.
- Wattage and size of air fryer may change the cooking time. You can add 1-2 minutes as needed, until the cheese is melted, and the bread is golden brown.
CAN I REHEAT LEFTOVER AIR FRYER SLIDERS?
Yes. Just place them back in the basket, and fry at 300°F for 3-5 minutes, until they are warm.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT INGREDIENTS FOR MEAT AND CHEESE?
DO I HAVE TO ADD MUSTARD AND MAYONNAISE?
This became one of my favorite recipes when a friend made these with horseradish sauce instead of mustard and mayonnaise. They were just as delicious! This is such a simple recipe, you can really add almost any type sauces you like on your favorite foods, and it will be delicious!
Another recipe :
This recipe passed me on Facebook, and I saved it thinking it would be a great appetizer/snack during the football games. So, when I first made it, they loved them. I have been making them now for years; they are amazing!
So, I air-fried these, and they were awesome. I hope you and yours enjoy them.
This recipe was adapted from The King Hawaiian Recipe online, which you can find here.
So, the next time you are looking for something absolutely delicious to serve as a quick lunch or dinner, or even snack, remember this one it’s amazing!
- Deli Ham
- Swiss Cheese
- Hawaiian King Bred Slider Rolls
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Worchesthisre Sauce
- Poppy Seeds
How To Make Air Fryer Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Start by spreading mayo on the rolls, then fold the ham and cheese up into the roll.
- Close the bread.
- I put them in my air fryer-safe pan.
- Then, mix the melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Spread the sauce over the sandwiches.
- Air Fry for about 5 minutes at 260, then air fry at 350 F (air fryer setting) for another 2 minutes. The cheese should be melted. If not, add a couple of minutes. My sandwiches were nice after the 7 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, and sprinkle some poppy seeds over them.
WHAT DO YOU EAT WITH SLIDERS?
This meal can easily be eaten alone, or you can have it as part of larger meal, some great side dishes:
- Potato Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Potato Chips
- Pasta Salad
- Garden Salad
WHAT CHEESE GOES BEST WITH HONEY HAM?
These are traditionally prepared with Swiss cheese, but you can use either Provoolne Munster, Cheddar Cheese, and Gouda. But you can use any cheese that you love!
WHY IS A SLIDER CALLED A SLIDER?
A slider really means a little miniature hamburger. The name originated back in 1940 when the US Navy would refer to their mini burgers as sliders because they were only 2 bites each, and they were very greasy.